3. Disney Wonder
They cost more than a “normal” cruise so we wondered if it would be worth it... The ship is apparently smaller than the newer ones. That said, it was the perfect size for our family with small kids. I think about 2700 guests and almost 1000 cast members weee onboard. There were always new people to see, but we also saw the same people numerous times. It was constantly being cleaned and always immaculate. Cabins were bigger than other ships - a real treat for us with kids. We were also able to get adjoining rooms...a nice feature I hadn’t done before on a boat. Full bath tub was great! We loved the rotational dining! They were able to easily accommodate gluten allergies and special dietary restrictions which can be very worrisome if you’re the one with the issue. Additionally, the servers were amazing and so was the food. We got what we paid for - duck, steak, prime rib, lobster, foie gras, sashimi, truffles...and this was the main dining that was included. The classic dinsey shows were exceptional. The movie theater was a nice touch with movies not yet out and 3D options for others. Kids Club YES!!! My kids loved it...it was huge with so many activities. Spa was run of the mill. Prices were reasonable, but treatments and service were meh. Why do they always have to give their sales pitch at the end? I hate that! We just paid to relax and now you’re going to come at me with $650 worth of herbal supplements? Welcome back, stress. Service was outstanding all around. Obviously, you’ll encounter a grumpy staff member wherever you go, but even with these people working 80 hours a week, a complaint was rare. Ports were great. Shore excursions not really worth it. Overpriced and lacked enthusiasm. We enjoyed the days we hailed taxis best. So we had a slight hemorrhage of funds, but it really was quite magical. Being treated with respect and having to worry about nothing, knowing your kids would be safe for a few hours so you could hang by the adult pool, turning a corner and running into Mickey Mouse...exhausted from the excitement that filled our souls.

Practically perfect in every way

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by mrstwingles

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Inside Stateroom
They cost more than a “normal” cruise so we wondered if it would be worth it...

Kids Club YES!!! My kids loved it...it was huge with so many activities.

mrstwingles’s Full Rating Summary