3. Norwegian Bliss
We've never cruised before and had no idea what to expect - all we've done are all inclusives. Embarking was hectic, we aren't used to so many people. The biggest problem here was that our luggage wasn't on the same bus we took from the airport to the ship. Our luggage came separately in a cube van and didn't make it to our room, we had to go down and collect it ourselves. This did cause some anxiety initially because who likes to be separated from their luggage?? They assured us this was a normal practice, and they were correct. Dan Dan (cruise director) is AMAZING. Hilarious, fun to talk one on one with. Don't miss anything he's a part of. The food at the buffet was wonderful, tons of variety for myself (a vegetarian) and my husband. My biggest issue here was that nothing could be guaranteed nut/peanut free. Even the gelato at Coco's had a hazenut variety and they used the same scooper for all the gelato's. The cupcakes from the bake shoppe used almond flour and the macarooms also had hazelnuts. The curry in the Indian section (at the buffet for all meals) often had curries with cashews. I have no food allergies, so this wasn't an issue for me, but I can see people with nut allergies having some issues. For the record, the head chef is Indian and his Indian section was amazing. They even had a Starbucks. The entertainment was phenomenal. From the day to day game shows, musical performers, Jersey Boys musical and especially the comedy acts, we were ALWAYS entertained. We went to 3 comedy shows and were not disappointed, way better than the Yuk Yuk's we see here at home (Canada). This being said, the second you've got a minute on the ship (the first day!), book the things you want to see ASAP. Do not wait. There were some things we wanted to do that got booked up fast. There was so much to do, in so many different areas, we were never at a loss of what to do. The ship itself was stunning. High end finishes, literally a floating hotel. I cannot say enough good things about the state of the ship, it was beautiful to look at. I would suggest to explore options for your excursions. We just walked off the boat and did local shopping but a lot of people booked independent of NCL and got taxis and boats privately for way less money. People aren't kidding when they say the boat is empty on port days. It was great. We paid extra and got the week long spa pass. It was worth the money and totally relaxing. We spent 15 mins at the pool deck and weren't feeling it. We've done so many beach vacations, we were happy not having pool and sun days. The pools aren't large, smaller than I expected, but they did have tons of loungers that got held with towels first thing in the morning. Most people sunned themselves, not many people went into the salt water pools. Definitely check out the observation deck. Great views and relaxing atmosphere. Great loungers, chairs and couches. Snacks, coffee, juices are always available. Overall, we had a fantastic experience. The staff are top notch, always accommodating and senior staff keep close checks on everyone. Would definitely recommend this ship, not sure we can go back to all inclusives anyore lol

Absolutely incredible

Vicartgray’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 10284
no complaints, the balcony was definitely large enough for 2 adults to enjoy. Small cabin (as expected) but great use of space and hidden storage.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins