3. Pride of America
I cannot believe all the miserable reviews of this cruise - we have been on three cruises with three different cruise companies and while the other two (Princess and Royal Caribbean) were very good, the Price of America cruise around the Hawaiian islands was the best. 1/ Ship is just the right size I want to feel I am really on a ship not a floating multi-storey hotel and amusement park. Pride is not too big, but big enough to provide for a number of restaurants, entertainment and cabin options. 2/ Destinations are wonderful - and not overcrowded What's not to like about the Hawaiian islands? And having two days at Maui, Big Island and one and a half days at Kauai gives passenger adequate times to explore some of their highlights and have a good sense of the place. Unlike our past cruise on the 4000+ passenger Freedom of the Seas in the Caribbean where there would be at least two other large cruise ships docked so around 8-10,000 cruise passengers in each port, we encountered only one other small cruise ship at the island ports. And by using the Roberts tour company for onshore tours we avoided the renowned exorbitant cruise tour costs. 3/ (Almost) all staff were very friendly Apart from one woman at the service desk, all the staff were very friendly and personable. 4/ Food and food service was excellent Apart from just one rather flavourless dish in the East meets West restaurant and one instance of delayed breakfast service, all the food and service in the restaurants was really good. Loved the style of the Liberty restaurant and a particular mention for the cakes - best I've ever eaten. 5/ Entertainment Wonderful productions by the ship's company and as I overheard another passenger say, he would have paid a lot of money just to see the brilliant comedian, Michael Somerville, with his Seinfeld-style witty observations. 6/ Cabins We had two adults and one child in our balcony cabin and although it was tight when the sofa was converted into a third bed, the cabin was no smaller than we had previously experienced on the other cruises and quite adequate and comfortable. All in all, after reading the carping reviews, we had very low expectations of this cruise but found it most enjoyable and would happily recommend it to anyone.

Great cruise, excellent service, food, entertainment and island scenery

Pride of America Cruise Review by alriolbi231117

alriolbi231117’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD
See above. Although we rarely sat out on the balcony, I would always get a balcony cabin - wonderful to hear the sea at night with the door open or to go out on deck in the morning as the new landfall emerges.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins