Viking Star Review

aa6nz
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2019

Celebrating my 25th Wedding anniversary we chose Viking because a year ago it was one of the only 5 star under 900 passenger cruise ships going to Cuba for less than 10 days and its high rating. Our last cruise was on a Crystal ship from Singapore to Hong Kong so the bar was set high. I have to admit Viking was up to the challenge, outside of our room attendant the service was excellent especially at the piano area bar where we had sparkling wine included in the Silver package that was pretty good. and I took full advantage of opportunity throughout the ship pre dinner after dinner and during the shows. we met some great people on the ship and even ran into some co-workers that we had no idea were going we closed the piano bar area down several nights. The majority of the guests were well over 70 so bedtime was pretty early. but wake up time was early also. :) The ship is very modern with wi-fi throughout and touch screen directories through out the ship. all orders taken by staff were on cell phones which made things much faster. The afternoon tea was a daily occurrence as the sandwiches and deserts were delicious and the service top notch. I ordered coffee and expresso instead with a splash of Cuban rum I brought back from the Tropicana show. I would cruise Viking again the beds and suite amenities were great .

No nickel and diming with photos and extras or artwork etc. The excursions were good especially the Havana one. Cuba is still a 3rd world country going there was like going into a B&W movie and returning to Miami was like returning to a Digital Film !

Cabin jr. Suite

Great Large Clean and comfy Bed real comfy bed and large veranda.

Port Reviews

Cienfuegos

Dont buy any cigars until you go to the Casa Del Habano Shop the real deal with rollers and Rum!

Santiago de Cuba

Poor town, gift shops have been picked over by other cruise ship guests no t-shirts or anejo rum or decent cigars. Cigars inflated prices. Buy your goods in Cienfuegos cheaper than Havana

Havana

Get your cigars and Rum now dont wait get a Cuba book and take your map with you.

Havana

The tropicana show blew my mind I didnt expect much but after seeing the show I highly recommend. a lot of people complained about the cost but after 60 years when you couldnt go what is the cost compared top the great performance you saw. IMO

Havana

Shocked at the quality of the performance and costumes was peasantry surprised ! It was worth every dime glad I went and let all of my fellow passengers what they missed.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Star Cruise from $2,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.