Norwegian Gem Cruise Review

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by costarico

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window

My goal in life is to see as much of the world before I leave this good earth so I choose this cruise because it went to South America a place i've never been and stopped at 11 different ports which would have cost me a fortune had I taken these trips individually, one cruise 11 different countries; We also went thru the Panama Canal which was just place i heard and read about and wonder what that looks like, I was lucky to have experience it, it was awesome. While we were at sea going from one country to the next the ship did not disappoint they kept us quite entertained with lots of food, games, seminars, swimming, the spa, the Casino and first class live stage performances, thank you Norwegian Gem I really enjoyed myself. My state room was lovely with a king size bed and the service was impeccable, after 18 days of having being catered to I am still trying to get back to normal now that I am home. I traveled by my self because most of my friends were not able to get away for such a long period of time but I never felt alone the staff and the other guests were all very friendly and I felt very comfortable, can't wait for my next cruise.

costarico's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8624

Semi-Sub

unfortunately I am not able to loadd my pictures from my phone which is very frustrating or I would be able to show you the great big fishes that we were able to see from the boat while emerged in the water.

Beach

The beach picked by the excursion crew was fantastic, they made us feel like VIPS, provided us with beach chairs and discount coupons for food ans drinks.

able o see the country and got a taste of their culture, bought souvenirs and took pictures with the natives

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Wonderful tour of the rich culture of the City, visited a liquor manufacturing plant and then treated to a wonderful cultural cuisine, fantastic

Corinto

I got brave by the time I got to Nicaragua so I found a lady interpreter and cab driver who took me on a personal tour of the city, visited the beach, one of the volcanoes and took lots of pictures bought souvenirs including the national rum of Nicaragua.

Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)

Booked an excursion on the ship for a Safari drive thru which was very educational saw animals that I see on TV but never saw in person such as a hipos, jiraffes, emmus pythons lions and several others not to mention the beautiful flowers all around even down the highway just like in New York.

a Few of us from the travelling Solo group decided to take a break and do some souvenir shopping have some local drinks and go to the beach quite relaxing.

Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe

Tour operators were very professional gave us a very thorough tour of the city, allowed us to do some souvenir shopping and then took us to lunch to try the local cuisine who were serving two margaritas for the price of one ($6), great!!!

View All 14 Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe Reviews
Medano Beach

went to an Exclusive beach resort who provided us with a private room for changing and showering there were pools for swimming if the beach was not your cup of tea. I chose the beach where you had a wait staff to get you anything that you needed, lunch was also included. Souvenirs were also available if you wanted. Had a great time just too short.

View All 8 Medano Beach Reviews