3. Royal Princess
The diving ports of Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cosumel were the reason we chose this cruise. We hadn't sailed Princess in awhile and did have several cruises to choose from with these ports. We chose Princess because it was the 4 of us, all adults, who were looking for a particular experience. We also hadn't sailed on such a big ship for several years the last one being the Carnival Dream so were looking to see what specific venues/experiences they might offer. We were all very plesantly surprised. Here are some of the highlights :The dining in the main dining room, as well as the veal ravioli in Alfredo's was exceptional both for quality of food and service. The productions in the Princess Theatre were top notch. Especially the production "encore" the comedian Steve Caouette, and the band "Static" who did an exceptional job with the dance parties that had to be moved indoors due to rain/windy conditions. The house band was also exceptional. I'm only giving this 4 stars in public rooms because the theatre is very small compared to the size of the ship and you MUST get there at LEAST a half hour early for the early 7-8 p.m. show. Also due to the windy conditions our Grand Cayman tender port had to be cancelled. The cruise director Matt-O and his staff did an incredible job getting us a new "Princess Patter" with additional activities available on board to compensate for the downtime of a cancelled port which is now a "at sea" day. My coffee card (which also works for gelato") was a great buy. As was the water in bottles that were delivered to my room prior to the cruise. Both available on the Princess website. I will definately consider Princess again when booking our next adult cruise. Disney and Carnival would still be my choice for families with kids.

Excellent cruise from beginning to end

Royal Princess Cruise Review by ckorni1

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed view)

We were all very plesantly surprised. Here are some of the highlights

ckorni1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony (obstructed view)
Cabin BW E524
This cabin does have an obstructed view with the top of a lifeboat reaching to the top of the balcony railing. It was not intrusive at all when you were standing but did prevent some views if sitting in the balcony chairs. However, since it did provide additional privacy, I didn't mind it at all and would do it again based on the difference in price.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    We did the trolley city tour. The tour was comfortable and well narrated. We saw many of the older homes built from Mahogany, the lighthouse, the bridge as well as many of the government houses and neighborhoods. I think this was a great general city tour and would recommend it.
    View All 79 City Tour Reviews
  • Cozumel
    We did not do an excursion here this time. However, I can recommend the Cozumel country club if you play golf. You will need a taxi for this.
    We had 10 hours here and chose to shop since this by far had the largest and best number of shops within easy walking distance to the ship. There is also a nice covered area just beyond the shops that has taxi's and also some additional straw market shops just across the street from the covered area which were cheaper on some items like purses.
    We did take a taxi ($10 for 4 of us) to a restaurant for lunch called Pescaderia, in San Carlos that we had recommended to us and can be found on line. They had a great salsa made from grouper served with homemade tortilla chips. Speciality is fried fish cooked by the owner's son which can be served in tacos, etc. But watch out for the hot sauce it is HOT! If no taxi is immediately available you may need to walk a couple of blocks to a local taxi company. But no problem, flat easy walk.
    View All 6,642 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Swimming with Dolphins
    We did the "dophin encounter" at Anthony Cay. It was a great ride from the ship through the island to the location. The facilities were great, you need to bring a towel, swimsuit and change of clothing. I would also recommend water shoes. They do have fresh water showers, lockers and changing rooms there as well as nice clean restrooms. Heavy emphasis on taking pictures for later purchase ($30 for 2, $55+ for package) but the time spent with the dolphins (who knew they were so big and heavy!) was really a bucket list item. Highly recommended. They also appear to have cabins that can be rented that I will look into for a later date.
    View All 43 Swimming with Dolphins Reviews