3. Insignia
We are experienced cruisers on both large (Celebrity, RCCL, NCL, Princess, Costa) and small (Azamara, Windstar) ships. I think our expectations were in line with the size of the ship, and of course I did quite a bit of research before leaving. We knew the bathroom was going to be small- but sheesh! The shower is REALLY small. I'm a small person and it still seemed tiny- I don't know how some people even manage to fit! The cabin itself seemed smaller than what I thought was the same cabin on the Azamara Quest. (6090, Aft) The cabin seeming small was not a big deal but what we were really disappointed in was the food and some of the policies. We had a concierge class cabin so had four nights in the specialty restaurants. I was looking forward to some nice prime rib at the Polo Grill. I ordered an "end cut" and wow-- what I got was a very under cooked (almost raw...) piece of end cut. It would have been better if they just said "sorry, we don't have any available." They took it back and "grilled" it which is not prime rib. They offered to switch it for something else but at that point I just ate the baked potato and called it a night. We thought the food was better at Toscana. I guess I heard to much about how good the food is and my expectations might have been too high. We found the service on the ship to be very good. The only other thing we were disappointed in was their so-called included laundry service for concierge class. You have to allow three days turn around time which on a 10 night trip seems a bit excessive. They do say the included laundry is only "fluff and fold" and boy was that correct! I used the included pressing of four items which resolved some of the fluff and fold problem but not all of it. When we booked our trip the only thing available was concierge class-- not sure it was worth the extra cost on the smaller ships but we were okay with it as we wanted this timing and itinerary. From what I have read most seem to enjoy the concierge lounge on the larger ships. My other issue was that their policy allows scooters or wheelchairs to be in the hallway. As long as the cleaning carts can get by they let them stay there. I mentioned this to the front desk as I seem to remember that most cruise ships do not allow this. If you hit rough seas they become flying missiles that could hurt employees or passengers. She said "they don't have enough accessible cabins so this is our way around it." When someone gets hurt my guess is they will change the policy,,,,,, They brought out Christmas decorations around the 15th of December which were very nice. I thought the entertainment was good for a small ship and the cruise director, Shawn Carter, was very good. He did some entertainment one afternoon and we enjoyed that quite a bit. I also really enjoyed Constantine Dragulov, a pianist and vocalist. All in all I don't think we'd return to Oceania. Some of the employees were terrific, (such as bartender Desi and sommelier Andre) and all were at least adequate. With that said, I don't want to be the one that has a scooter come flying at me!

A bit surprised...

holomuku’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Insignia price drops

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A1 6090
Adequate storage, very small shower.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins