Ocean Endeavour (Quark Expeditions) Cruise Review

Better than we ever expected

Ocean Endeavour (Quark Expeditions) Cruise Review by Kadismom

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: Antarctica

My husband and I dreamed of going to Antarctica. After much research, we chose to go on Quark Expeditions Ocean Endeavor trip to the Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica. We made our reservations a year in advance so we had a lot of time to plan and dream of our trip. We expected a lot; these trips are expensive. However, I’m happy to say that Quark’s Ocean Endeavor exceeded all of our expectations. The scenery was wonderful, of course. But the food was first class thanks to Tracie and her kitchen crew. She even had formal tea for us on sea days. The service in our cabin and in the dining room was better than we experienced on cruise ships and this was an “expedition “ ship. Our expedition leader, Lori, was always there to make sure we saw as many penguins, seals and whales. The members of her team were so knowledgeable and provided excellent lectures to prepare us for what we saw. We went out on Zodiacs whenever the weather allowed and landed or Zodiac cruised if there was too much ice to provide a safe landing. One thing I want to stress: I’m a senior citizen and I needed extra help boarding the Zodiac and disembarking also walking on the ice. The expedition team members were always there to help and they never made me feel humiliated because I was fearful of the ice and the Zodiac. We also had people in their 80s on our trip. So, if you are a senior citizen and have dreamed of Antarctica, don’t think you are too old to go. You’re not and you will have a wonderful time and be very well taken care of.

Kadismom's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Outside 5040

Typical outside cabin with two twin beds.

Kadismom