3. Majestic Princess
Princess keeps improving its standards for passengers with special dietary needs. This has been my sixth cruise with Princess and it just gets better and better. The head waiters are ultra-attentive because they want to make sure you get the best out of your dining experience. The chefs go out of their way to make sure you get to experience food the way everyone else does. Escargot cooked in margarine because you can't eat butter? Not a problem! Can't have ice cream? How about rice milk semifreddo? Going on a shore excursion where there might be food? That's not a problem either. I was pleasantly surprised to find a form in my cabin where I could detail my dietary requirements. This was forwarded to the venue for the shore excursion I chose. When everyone else was eating cheese scones and sweet muffins at Hobbiton, I was eating two gluten-free, dairy-free cakes. Something as simple as this is very much appreciated. Add in an unbelievable entertainment experience - 5 tribute acts, 3 Broadway-style shows, aerialists, a juggler and a magician - Wow! And the activities organised by the cruise director's staff - absolutely amazing and such fun. Unfortunately the weather got the better of us and we missed out on Port Chalmers and Fiordlands but Picton was a delightful seaside town and the cruise staff stepped up the entertainment because of the extra sea day.

Better than before