• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

meaton
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin: French Balcony Stateroom

My 3rd Viking River Cruise. Just booked a Viking Ocean cruise to Australia/Tasmania/New Zealand for Jan 20, 2020.

I must have liked the cruise from Prague to Budapest if I'm booking another so soon.

I'm not crazy about the size of the rooms, but we spend very little time acually in the room. The greatest plus on these cruises is the crew. There is nothing they won't do to make your experience excellent. The bar and wait staff work very hard and make a point to remember names and likes/dislikes. There are no broadway shows or casinos, but there is plenty to keep you busy. Everyone finds another couple onboard that you have something in common with... By the second day, you will recognize at least half the passengers and will "pair up" with one or more other couples. Most passengers are quite financially stable and most are retired. You'll have a lot in common with most if you can afford these cruises. The meals are excellent. They are not stingy with beer or wine during meals and the bar has an excellent selection of fine wines; many from the country you're traveling through. Our cabin steward was excellent and we always felt safe on board and during the daily tours. You should at least try one cruise, maybe a modest cabin and up your choices on your 2nd cruise. I really believe that you'll have fun and enjoy the people you'll meet.

French Balcony Stateroom

Cabin D

OK. It is a tight fir. I'm used to balcony suites on Princess & Holland for a lot less money, but a much larger cabin.

Find a Viking Astrild Cruise