CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2018
Cabin: Explorer Suite
Cathedral Towers, Cologne, Germany
Castle on a hill as viewed from the river. Germany
Glass Blower Karl on board.
Spinning yarn while cruising down the river. Vineyards on the slope. German
Waiting for the Organ Concert. St, Stephen's Cathedral.
Klimt exhibit. Vienna.

We had been wanting to do this trip for a long time, so when the opportunity presented itself for Summer of 2018, we jumped at it! It was our first time to Europe, first time with Viking, and our first river cruise outside of the states. That's a LOT of firsts!

We started our trip with 3 days on our own in Amsterdam. We had a wonderful time, and while it was great to use hotel points, next time I would opt for the Viking Pre-Cruise if offered. I think we likely would have seen more of the city. Our hotel was close enough to the dock that we walked by everyday looking at the Viking Longships and dreaming about our embarkation.

Embarkation was so smooth! We walked up with our luggage, left it with the nice crew members and proceeded to the ship. Checking in on board was super smooth, they showed us to our cabin and gave us the needed information about how things work on board. Our cabin was AMAZING! I am probably spoiled now to the life of the Explorer Suite! lol

Explorer Suite

Cabin ES

OMG! I didn't want to leave! Wrap around balcony. Separate bedroom. Exquisite bathroom.

When can I go back?