3. Norwegian Sky
I was very disappointed with this cruise and do not recommend it if you want good food, quality Jacuzzi/Pool Lounge time, and fun things to do. If you want an all-you-can-drink, loud in-your-face pool experience and on older ship without many amenities this may be for you. Positives: (1) Cabin was fine. 4 stars. (2) Dinner at main restaurants had good variety and tasted good. 4 stars (3) Service throughout ship was very good and professional. 4.5 stars. (4) Saw three nights of shows (comedian, ship singers/dancers, magic) and think they rated as 4 stars. Negatives: (1) Outside of dinner, the rest of the food was fairly awful. The breakfast was very limited to eggs, bacon, sausage and items that one would find at a complementary hotel chain breakfast. And, there was always a line to get this. When returning to the ship around 4pm, the only available option is the outdoor garden cafe, which has hotdogs, hamburgers as primary fare, with little else. And, there was a line to get this too. Seriously? This is not what I would expect on a cruise ship. We might have gone to specialty restaurants but were upset that they were all a la carte. On my RCL cruises, we paid a nominal per person upcharge of $25/$30 for Italian or Steak places and then ordered off the menu. Here, we would have to pay per item as though we were back on land and the prices didn't even seem to reflect that we were already paying for dinner. (2) Pool Deck (Deck 11): There was a single medium size pool near the band/activity area that was often crowded and very loud. On other cruises, there were many moments of chill music (reggae, caribbean, etc.) where you could lounge in the hot tub and soak in the sun. Here, it felt like in-your-face music or activity in that space all the time. It made the whole area hard to enjoy. On my RCL cruises, there was also the adult only solarium where we could chill out and talk. (3) Amenities: It is an older ship so frankly, there's just not a lot to do. So, given that the food was not very good, few amenities, in-your-face pool experience, it greatly diminished our enjoyment. Other NCL ships might be a lot better but I really wish we had done more research on this ship. (4) Cabin -- Although I liked our cabin (149 sf oceanview cabin), it had a single outlet. That seems crazy for any electronics (ie, cell phone charging, etc.).

Cruise with hot dogs and hamburgers and in-your-face loud pool/jacuzz experience

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Stephen65

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

Positives:

(1) Cabin was fine. 4 stars.

(2) Dinner at main restaurants had good variety and tasted good. 4 stars

(3) Service throughout ship was very good and professional. 4.5 stars.

Negatives:

(1) Outside of dinner, the rest of the food was fairly awful.

(3) Amenities: It is an older ship so frankly, there's just not a lot to do.

Stephen65’s Full Rating Summary