3. Viking Sun
We wanted to visit Croatia and we had not spent much time in Italy so the pre-cruise stay in Tuscany with the 8-day cruise from Venice to Athens was great fit. It did not disappoint! We were greeted at Florence airport and comfortably transported to Resort Villa La Veronica in Greve en Chianti where we met up with several other couples. Host Anita was like a mother hen making sure all needs were met. After three enjoyable days in Tuscany we were delivered to Venice and escorted to the port for easy embarkation. The cruise itself was fabulous. The food at every restaurant is like the best in any city. The Chef's Table was not to my husband's liking, but that is just that he is not that fancy in his tastes, but I loved it. We did not go to the more nightclub type room, but the entertainment each evening in the upstairs Explorer's Lounge was fabulous. We also took advantage of the spa for massages and I had my hair washed and blown out which was a lovely time saver. We went for the extra excursions into the countrysides in Croatia and Montenegro. In retrospect I would have preferred to have spent more time more time in Split and Dobrovnik with the included tour. The optional excursions were great, but more for those who have previously spent time in those cities. The Highlights of Montenegro tour was very worthwhile, with a hair raising ride that was actually one of the highlights of the trip. We booked another trip while on board. Looking forward to cruising Viking again soon!

Like being transported on a pillow to all the best places!

Viking Sun Cruise Review by KathyK2

KathyK2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

Because this was a special trip for us we went all out for the Explorer Suite. It is better than a 5-star hotel suite: Unbelievable view from spacious veranda in every port and large enough that we had new friends in for a drink and to watch election coverage on our final night. Unless we are on a longer trip, I probably would not go all out for that level again as everyone else on board was very happy with lesser accommodations. However for a longer trip it would definitely be worth the extra $ for the level of comfort.