• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Sky Review

Editor Rating
22 Awards

The standard everyday fantastic Viking experience

Review for Viking Sky to the Mediterranean
BarbDen
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin:

All new destinations for my wife and me. The shore excursions, both provided and extra, were superb, with the best being the Marsala Wine Tasting and visit to the baron's vineyard and winery. Algiers was a totally new and unexpected eye-opening experience. As expected from Viking, the food at all the venues, accommodations, on-board activities and entertainment were outstanding. The cabin service was also outstanding. The housekeeping staff was very responsive as well a extremely friendly and courteous. The restaurant and bar staffs were also superb. WE enjoyed the music of the "wandering troubadours" as we called them, and the onstage musicians were also met the very high expectations we have for everything Viking. We did experience the pre-cruise stay in Rome and it was outstanding as well. I suggest that a full day in Rome be offered as part of this cruise if the logistics can be worked out.

Cabin DeluxeVeranda

Spacious, clean, comfy

Port Reviews

Rome (Civitavecchia)

We were on the pre-cruise stay in Rome. Viking did not provide any excursions, but the Viking staff was very helpful in helping us plan our own activities in Rome.

Naples

Very good overview of the city. Adequate free time and convenient shuttle bus to return to ship.

Trapani

WE went on the optional Marsala Wine and Tasting tour. The tour of the town was fun, but the visit to the baron's villa, vineyards and winery was superb, except for my wife's comments to me about how handsome and classy both the baron and his son are.

Algiers

Although it was a very simple bus tour, seeing the city was quite an experience. My wife and I did not really know what to expect, and thus we were very pleasantly surprised with the architecture, history of the city, and culture.

Valencia

Gorgeous city. Again, the provided tour was excellent, and gave us ample free time to explore on our own as well.

previous reviewnext review