3. Viking Var
The cruise was great, the food was really good, the tour guides were pleasant and knowledgeable. It was easily the best vacation my wife and I were ever on. We enjoyed the smaller setting with only 178 guests on our cruise. The crew was fantastic. We enjoyed getting to know other passengers. The food was much better that the other cruises we have been on. It was a nice experience to go to sleep in one city and wake in another. The highlights for us were Budapest and Vienna. The only negative was our flight on Lufthansa was the only negative. 30 people's luggage were left in Frankfurt. Our flight coming in was 45 minutes late but it was 45 minutes late leaving so I don't think that was the issue. Leaving, we had to stand in the rain in the low thirties as we waited to board from the tarmac. I would recommend avoiding Lufthansa and Frankfurt if all possible. We're ready to take another cruise minus Lufthansa!

Fantastic voyage

Viking Var Cruise Review by tmt-tx

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

We're ready to take another cruise minus Lufthansa!
tmt-tx’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Var price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 300 series
Very clean and well maintained. Liked the bottled water, the bed was comfy, and the heated floor in the bath was a night touch for the cooler weather.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins