Allure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,995 Reviews

Amazing ship - would do it again

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by cmecucci

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

We choose this ship due to the size and what it offered onboard. My husband and I brought our 2 grown kids and 1 grandchild. The ship was amazing, very well maintained (clean etc). I did notice the food quality went downhill a bit in the main dining room compared to a Royal Caribbean trip we did several years back BEFORE they had speciality restaurants. I read that on other reviews too. We did eat at a couple of specialty restaurants and both were great, but we paid extra. We also bought this package called "The Key". Not sure if I would purchase again, however, we did get on the ship early with other first class members and got to skip the regular customs line at the end of the trip. Few small perks during the trip like the internet package included, a lunch at a speciality restaurant and VIP to the shows, although they need to work on the shows, because we never got VIP front seating. They do nickel and dime you for everything, however, I booked in advance and prepaid the rooms, drink package, etc, so I didn't get a huge bill at the end. I would definitely go on another Royal Caribbean ship.

cmecucci's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 8700

Small rooms, but expected. They were clean and well maintained.

Miami

The port is very busy and a bit chaotic when you first get there. When the shuttle pulled in, some guys grabbed our luggage, demanded a tip and said it would be delivered to our rooms. I was a bit nervous handing it off due to the chaos; but tipped him well and went about. Going through customs and getting on the ship was easy.

cmecucci