3. Grand Celebration
I went on the Grand Celebration Jan 16-18, with my wife, 2 sisters and a brother-in-law, and we all had a good time. The weather was fine, the staff very helpful and amenities, food, etc., were sufficient to make it an enjoyable time, echoed by other passengers we met. True, the ship is oldish, but it was very clean, had sufficient elevators and its age wasn’t a real factor. Personally, I was in a wheelchair and the staff were always offering assistance, including getting on and off the ship, which was handled very efficiently.. My only disappointment was the lack of disabled restrooms on the other decks. The only disabled restroom I found was on Deck 5 which was the same deck as my cabin so I went to my cabin each time. The entertainment was ok. The crew provided plenty of entertainment poolside during the day but I could have done without the late night karaoke. We all went to see one of the shows - a comedian who had some good original jokes. His material was very adult though, with a lot of cursing that could have been cut out. We all like to gamble on cruises but didn't spend a lot of time in their casino. It was clean, smoke-free but not very busy. There wasn't a Texas Holdem table, which was disappointing, only the 3-card game. The slots played pretty much as well as other cruises. We didn't go on any prearranged excursions. Instead we too a taxi to Port Lucaya marketplace. The driver was very helpful, waiting for us while we shopped (or window-shopped) before taking us back to the ship. He also gave a pretty good commentary about the Bahamas as he drove. The marketplace was a typical tourist place, selling lots of local souvenirs and providing a variety of restaurants. Unfortunately the nearby hotel/casino, we had been to before, was closed because of hurricane damage. The food on board had sufficient variety and was available throughout the day. The dinners were good, though the entree choices were limited, and there were no complaints from any of us. The wait staff were friendly and efficient. Overall we all had a good time and are looking forward to our next cruise on one of their ships.

Accomodation for disabled

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by TopCat6517

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas

TopCat6517’s Full Rating Summary
Get Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Celebration price drops

Cabin m93
I had asked for a cabin that accommodated a disabled person and was pleased with the amount of room I had to move around in. The bathroom was also spacious with plenty of grab bars, a fold-up shower seat and room beneath the sink for my legs when seated. There was a small ramp to get into the bathroom, from conversion from a regular room, but no other obstacles. Cabin was clean and the beds were comfortable. A necessary safe was provided but no fridge for medications.

• Freeport
    My family group went to Port Lucaya by taxi. The driver was very helpful and informative. He waited there to take us back to the ship after a pleasant time browsing shops and restaurants in the Marketplace. We were disappointed that the nearby hotel and casino were closed due to hurricane damage. Plenty of clean disabled bathrooms available, thankfully.
    View All 1,313 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews