3. Carnival Freedom
We took this cruise as part of a specialty group, which had to get permission for onboard activities, thus we were limited to this particular itinerary. Both my partner and I have traveled on Carnival for some time... I turned Gold on this trip, and she turned Platinum. We had a balcony room on the 8th deck, and it was certainly a nice room, with a great view. The ship is still in great shape, and was very enjoyable, however there were a few things that I didn't like. First... the NFL football playoffs were not available unless you went to the casino, or to the sports bar. The casino was filled with cigarette smoke, and the sports bar was just filled beyond capacity. Because Dallas was playing in the Saturday night game, there was a LOT of interest in the game. Carnival no longer has local channels on their shipboard TV (speaking of which.. the choices for in-room entertainment are very slim). Unfortunately, in todays world, its almost impossible to get totally out of touch, therefore internet is a necessity, not a luxury. However, the shipboard internet is woefully lacking. Download speeds were as bad as a 1200 baud modem at times, and never got any better than decent dialup (for those old enough to remember that). This was a nice itinerary, although The Bahamas was not as much fun as it could have been, due to cruising in winter. Although the outside temperature was nice (70s), the chill on board ship was not fun. And water activities were uncomfortable at best. I would not consider cruising in winter again, unless it were a special activity.

Cruising in Winter? Eh, maybe not.

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by jhendry01

jhendry01’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8F 8201
The cabin was comfortable, and had adequate storage. The only things I don't like are only one electric plug in the cabin, and a tiny TV. Yes, we are on a cruise, but sometimes one likes to just chill and watch the idiot box. I would like to see a larger screen, and better choices, especially the US networks (on a US cruise)
Spa Deck Balcony Cabins

• Conch Train Tour
    Very convenient. Tour operator was knowledgeable about the area, and gave some history notes that I was not aware of. Easy on and easy off.
    View All 221 Conch Train Tour Reviews