• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Wind Surf Review

Editor Rating
40 Awards

A bit disappointed, something has changed with Windstar

Review for Wind Surf to the Caribbean
LuvDCaribbean
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
View from the back of the ship.

My wife & I sailed on 1/12/19, Our 6th Windstar cruise, 3rd on Wind Surf. Room 126.

The ship – Wind Surf – was built in 1990, and is showing its age in too many areas. Rust, loose planks, paint peeling, bent railings, and I could go on. The most odd part is that I didn’t see any maintenance crew guys doing repairs. Which to me means that there is something else, a problem that goes deeper but I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s the cruise Captain, or it’s the upper management cutting back on costs, I really have no idea.

Also, FYI – Windstar Cruise line is pulling out all the casinos. Which means that in the evening, for entertainment outside of your cabin, your only choice will be the band, or duo. That’s it. Granted the casinos are rarely filled, and are never very lively – but that’s the casino staff’s responsibility and they fail here. And it gives you another form of entertainment.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin BX

Port Reviews

Norman Island

Had never been. A new beach bar is set up, and was very nice.

Jost Van Dyke

Always Soggy Dollar & Hendo's Hideout in the morning, then Foxy's at night - AWESOME day.

St. Barts

Morning walk took us to some shops & Le Select, then at noon to Nikki Beach. Simply said - another great day.

Antigua

Has a very nice Yacht Club at the dock, on the second floor.

5 Helpful Votes