3. Carnival Dream
Boarding the ship was routine, easy and took about 40 minutes. We've come to the conclussion that Bigger doesn't mean better. The Dream has been advertised for it's size but we found out that although the ship is huge, most of the size increase was for additional staterooms and cabins. All of the public spaces were over crowded and the lines to eat on the lido deck were so long that we stopped going their after the second day. For the first two days on the lido food courts once we did get our food there was no place to sit and eat it.

Having said this I need to say the service was superb and so were the accomodations. The pools areas were so crowded that we chose not to go there and no we aren't prudes as a matter of fact we are members of a well known 4Wheel drive club located in N. California that took this cruise as a group.

We had two tables for 10 at the late seating for dinner. The food was ok, but pretty much the standard cruise ship menu. On lobster night everyone in our group had more lobster than they could have possibly eaten. As always the deserts were worth waiting for.

Although the Country Western stage show was way too New Yorkish for my taste I completely enjoyed watching the great looking cow girls in their Daisey Duke short shorts and they danced on the stage.

Room service was superior but in our experience it always has been with Carnival. We missed one port ( Isla Roatan ) due to heaving seas and winds so we had an extra day at sea to kill. Once again I'll add that bigger doesn't mean better in my opinion................ too many people and not enough room to accomodate them adequately.

Getting off this big old Dream Ship was a breeze......... All in all we had a wonderfull time and have no complaints worth mentioning EXCEPT yes... there were several evenings when we did smell the faint odor of sewage on board.

And 20 4wheelers from Calfornia went a cruising

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by 007Crawler

007Crawler’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

• Belize City
    Twelve from our group booked a cave tubing excursion through Island Marketing LTD. Our guide was Natalie (NAT) and let me say that this gal knew her stuff and took care of all of us. Unlike other groups that looked like they were in Marine Corps Boot Camp, we hiked to the start point like a bunch of drunken sailors, joking, and having time to stop and enjoy the jungle. Once in our tubes and in the river we were free to do as we choose but no matter what we did or where we ended up NAT was right there. It was amazing how Natalie could be in so many places at once, but she was. I highly recommend this excursion and after looking at the way the other groups "marched in formation" through the deep and dark caves I wouldn't even consider going with anyone other than Nat. Once we reached the end of the river Nat had a simple, yet good lunch and a cold beverage that we ate while sitting in the shade of a big big tree. On the way back to the ship, Nat stopped at some little OUT OF THE WAY family store and everyone grabbed a ice cold beer ( or two ).

View All 2,217 Belize City Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Belize City Cruise Port Review
  • Costa Maya
    We took a cab from just outside the port for a 15 minute ride to Tapa's restaraunt in some quaint little town that I still can't pronounce the name of. The food was very good and the beer was ice cold. We sat in our cabana ( free of charge) on a beautiful carribean beach, drank beer, ate local food and the gals enjoyed some local shopping .

View All 1,901 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Cozumel
    Cozumel is Cozumel....... you name it and it's available for your enjoyment.

View All 5,717 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews