MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review

MSC should have provided more transportation to the airport due to taxi strike

MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by jazzybaz

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

I liked the itinerary and it fit my timeline for my trip to Europe. The price was also very good.

Disembarkation was a disaster due to a taxi strike and rain in Barcelona. MSC should have provided more transportation to the airport for its passengers. I had a terrible time getting to the airport (Uber would not come downtown after an Uber car was set on fire on Friday and a few drivers were beat up!!) and I worry about older passengers with more mobility issues having had an even worse experience than me.

Overall the service, food and ports were very good. The cabin had some water damage of the wall beside the shower and a number of passengers complained about sewer odours emanating from their bathroom facilities. There could have been more entertainment and activities for us. A number of buses used for shore excursions were older and unappealing in their interiors. Some of the tour guides could have used a speaker system e.g. the lady in Taormina. I was disappointed in the lack of communication when the Sinfonia was many hours late into Barcelona; we all communicate with our mobile devices nowadays and electronic communication from the company would have been helpful. But the disembarkation fiasco was the straw that broke the camel's back, as they say.

jazzybaz's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin I2 1143

See my comments above about the water damage in the bathroom and issues with sewer smells emanating from the toilets.

jazzybaz