3. Celebrity Infinity
We picked this cruise because we were able to get a ridiculously great rate on a concierge cabin and had never been on Celebrity before. The original date was suppose to be in Feb. but we were notified that the ship had been charted and was given an option to book a different date with our OBC being doubled. Getting on the ship was very quick and effortless. We were able to eat in the MDR for lunch away from the crowds which was nice. They had a limited selection of food but I loved the short ribs I ordered. Cabins weren't available until 1:30pm so we hung out with our friends who had the non connecting cabin next to us up by the pool. We had cabin 8167...not bad but a bit dated. Would of loved if the balcony divider opened because we would have had a good size balcony between our cabin and our friends cabin. The only real issue we had was that the bed was firm, ah real firm. I knew before hand that the ship was old but was pleasantly surprised that it was in good shape. My wife also liked that the ship was on the small size making it easy getting around. The inside layout of the ship was crazy in some ways. We were in the aft and if we used the aft elevators we had to cut through buffet area to get to the pool deck. Not a big deal just different. Entertainment was fine. Not much in the way of variety but went on this cruise to just relax so it didn't matter. I did find the silent disco to be a lot of fun. We found the MDR to be pretty good and seated promptly. Our waiter never rushed us but we were usually in and out in about an hour and fifteen minutes. We did eat dinner one night in the Oceanview Cafe. It was surprising that no one other than the crew and us were eating their. It wasn't bad and we liked eating outside at the aft of the ship. We also did Le Petit Chef the last night. I waited hoping that the price would come down but they must of had a full dining room for each seating. The food was awesome. I like the show but wouldn't go again unless they changed it up with a different menu. Cozumel- Been here a bunch but read that their was going to be 27000 people there the day we docked. I found a place called Nachi Cocum that only allows 130 people in their resort. It was nice, all-inclusive resort with a large pool, restaurant and changing rooms. The place was nice but I was underwhelmed by the service they provided. Still we had a beautiful day and were away from the crowds. Key West-Been here a bunch and only went into town to have a couple of drinks on Duval street, Never boring there. The bonus of going there the day before you depart is that you go through customs on the ship which meant getting off easy and quick. This was our first time on Celebrity and liked it but preferred her sister line Royal Caribbean. Would I sail on Celebrity...sure but probably on one of their newer ships.

Great short get away