Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review
1,118 Reviews

The good, the bad and the ugly

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by 2ndtimecruise

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This cruise was a gift to my Mom. It was her first cruise and my second.

The ship is dated. Everything needs a facelift.

Boarding the ship

This was very smooth if you know what you need to do. Boarding passes need to be ready as soon as you get off the shuttle.

The first day all we did was walk and explore the ship. The first day we took the stairs all day which was exhausting after a while.

Stateroom

We had a room with a balcony. It was very clean and had lots of storage. The TV channels were not good. The shower was great. Small but the water came out fast and was warm.

The Pool

Very small. Forget the hot tubs because that is where is kids like to hang out.

If you wants to get a chair pool side or on one of the lower decks you need to get up early to get a chair.

The food

The food was terrible. The hamburgers and the pizza were the best. The food in the dining rooms was especially terrible. I lived off pizza and soft serve ice cream.

Water

The water and ice are not good. The only thing we could actually drink was the lemonade. It is very tart.

Staff

The staff is very friendly. They are all from different countries so it is hard to communicate because if the language barrier.

Princess Cays

The island was beautiful. I would recommend water shoes because there are lots of pieces of rocks and corral. It was very hot. We went at 9:30am. The water taxi was no problem. It was fast and a great way to take pictures of the ship. The lunch served on the island was the best food I had. The line was long for lunch. The sand is very deep where the lounge chairs it is a work out.

Nassau

Crazy. 4 cruise ships were there at once. You are being screamed at to get your hair braided, rent a taxi, rent an ATV etc.. We walked around for 2 hours then boarded the ship.

Days at Sea

I am not a big drinker so it felt like ground hog day. The shows are okay. You can really feel the ship moving when you sit down at the shows.

Would I cruise with carnival again? Probably not. For a girls trip, bachelorette party Carnival works but if you want to relax and enjoy some piece and quiet...Carnival is not for you.

2ndtimecruise's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Very clean. Plenty of storage.

2ndtimecruise