3. Oosterdam
This was my 6th cruise on Holland America. I am completely satisfied. I drove from Sarasota to Ft. Lauderdale and parked in the garage across from the terminal ($105.00) for the week. Embarkation and disembarkation were very smooth, best in all my visits. I splurged and got a Neptune Suite. It was located in the aft of the ship, and had the most wonderful wrap-around balcony (Suite 5091) Huge. The suite was very comfortable and clean. My steward (Andy) was so kind and helpful. I tipped him at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the cruise and he was so grateful. (just a suggestion). I was with a group of retired gentlemen and we had the most wonderful time. Holland America made rooms available for us, in which to hold our meetings. Although on a ship with many people, it's hard to please everyone. Most of the meals in the dining room were good. Some hits and missed (prime rib - terrible, Surf & Turf wonderful). The dining room stewards were very attentive and helpful with suggestions as what to order. (tip them as well - please) Most mornings I had breakfast in my room, preferring to lounge in my bathroom and slippers. The breakfast was always served as ordered at the exact time. Occasionally I would go to the Lido, but too much hustle and bustle for me. Large selection of food items though. I did not attend any of the entertainment. The only thing I was disappointed in was Exec Tours. I took 3 tours, and way too much time was spent in souvenir and gifts shops and less on actual tours. In the future, I will book tours separately. Holland America seems to have gone out of their way to please customers. All the staff were very helpful with smiling faces and kindness. It has much improved from past years. This was one of the most enjoyable cruises that I have ever taken. Would like to go to Cuba next year, if only the prices for the Neptune Suite weren't so high on that particular cruise.

Wonderful

joedniceguy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SB 5091
Huge Huge wrap-around balcony. Wonderful, all my friends were very jealous
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins