3. Coral Princess
We wanted to take this cruise as we have never cruised the Panama Canal and wanted to go through the old locks. We usually cruise the grand class ships, so I was a little apprehensive about the smaller ship (no Vines, small International Cafe) but we were pleasantly surprised. The layout of the ship was fine and it was very easy to get around. Having less passengers meant it was easy to find seats in venues, dining rooms and the pool. I have heard about issues with Anytime dining if you weren’t Club Class but, other than the first night, we had no trouble getting seated either with a group or by ourselves. The food was good and there were several options to choose from including an option to choose an entree from the steakhouse, Bayou Cafe, for an upcharge. Our room location was great, the steward was fantastic. The only complaint we had was the sofa in the room. It was very worn out. I am hoping it is replaced when the ship goes into dry dock. We took the Princess shore excursions which were very good. All in all it was a great cruise. I wouldn’t hesitate to do this cruise again on the Coral Princess.

Panama Canal from LA to Fort Lauderdale

Coral Princess Cruise Review by Wavelet

We took the Princess shore excursions which were very good.

Wavelet’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD C727
As I said before we loved the cabin location. It was the last cabin on the starboard side of the ship. The balcony wrapped around slightly so we got a partial view of the back wake in addition to the normal side view. We were also next to the open deck at the back of Caribe deck which was nice also. The laundromat was close by also so it was easy to do laundry. The only complaint we had was the condition of the sofa. It was very worn and the springs and cushions were so broken you almost couldn’t sit on it. This was the fact keeping me from giving it 5 stars. The ship was going to dry dock after our cruise so hopefully it will be replaced.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins