3. Ruby Princess
I thought everything on the cruise was great. This was my first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to. The food at the buffet was acceptable. I only ate at the buffet for breakfast. Nothing really spectacular, but nothing was poor either. The only issue I had with the Horizon buffet is finding a seat in the dining area. There are two sides for the buffet, and both sides are really busy and packed with people. I had to either eat really early to get a seat, or wait for someone to finish eating, then swoop down on the table to get it. Or, the alternate is to take your food outside to the pool area to eat, but it could get pretty cold and windy out there. Dining for dinner in the DaVinci or Michaelanglo dining rooms were wonderful. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The inside basic cabin that my wife and I were in on the 8th floor was acceptable. It was clean and the bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was very small, but that's to be expected on a cruise ship. It fulfilled its purpose. I thoroughly enjoyed all the activities on the ship. We did dance lessons, trivia games, attended concerts, used the fitness center, walked laps on the ships deck, etc. Our favorite staff on the ship was a guy who claims to be from Serbia, who has a strong accent. He was the host for most of the trivia games, bingo, and was even the announcer for the disembarkation process. Loved that guy. He's so funny! Embarkation and disembarkation was a breeze. The cruise staff got this down to a science! All in all, a wonderful experience. I will be returning to Princess Cruises soon!

Great cruise for first time cruiser

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by normanlim

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior

normanlim’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IE E424
Excellent, albeit a little small.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins