3. Vision of the Seas
We (a mid 30's and early 40's married couple) chose this cruise originally for the ports (Coco Cay, Nassau, Key West) and because it was a good deal. Then the Coco Cay port was changed to Miami so that was the first bummer. The ship is older, but in my opinion in decent shape. Our room was an inside cabin so that took some time to adjust to, but it was nice being so dark to take naps in during the day. The service as always with Royal Caribbean was top notch. My biggest complaint about the ship is the size. I thought I would like a smaller ship, but honestly I didn't. My husband and I aren't cruisers who enjoy the group activities, and on this ship due to its small size you could not avoid them. So if you aren't someone who wants to learn the Thriller dance, do trivia or be surrounded by people at all times this is not the ship for you. The only group activity we did was the sushi making class and enjoyed that. As for the food it was very hit or miss. Being a buffet I never expect much from The Windjammer and received what I expected. We attempted to eat at main dining twice and while service was good the food was horrible. On the other hand, specialty dining was great. We had dinner at all three specialty restaurants on board and the food and service were top notch. The highlight of the trip however was the Chef's Table. We ate at it during our previous cruise and enjoyed the dinner, but found the overall mood stuffy. This time the food was just as delicious and the company was even better. We had so much fun that one of the couples spoke with the maitre d and was able to secure us a great deal to go a second night with the same group. The chef even agreed to change a few of the menu items so we weren't eating the exact same dinner. It was just as delicious and more importantly fun the second time! The ports were overall good. We flew into New Orleans 2 days before and had a blast eating and drinking all over the French Quarter. Like I said I was really bummed about Coco Cay being changed to Miami. Miami ended up being tolerable. We went to Little Havana ate some Cuban food and went back to the ship. In Nassau, we booked a food and walking tour from Tru Bahamian Food Tours. I recommend it for anyone who enjoys food and wants something to do other than water stuff or shopping. In Key West, we just walked around and checked out different restaurants and bars. We also went to the Hemingway House which is totally worth the admission. I loved Key West and would actually like to go back not on a cruise.

The good and disappointing...

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by ndb2016

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

ndb2016’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 2V 4465
Like I said it was an interior cabin so the no windows is a little weird at first, but great for naps. It felt like it was behind a storage room near the R Bar because you could hear banging around at times. I used earplugs, but my husband slept fine without them. Our room attendant, Denny, was great!
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Key West
    Key West is beautiful and reminded me a lot of New Orleans, but a lot cleaner and with palm trees. We first walked to the Schooner Warf Bar, a recommendation from our Lyft driver in New Orleans. It was wonderful! Then we walked all over the island stopping along the way at different restaurants and bars for a snack or drink until we made it to the Hemingway House. Every local we encountered was super friendly and I can't wait to go back.
    View All 1,785 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
  • Miami
    Royal Caribbean had no excursions offered that sounding fun. We took a Lyft to the Little Havana neighborhood. We walked around and checked out a few of the restaurants and bars on Calle Ocho. It was fine, but I have no desire on going back.
    View All 2,403 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    We were going to take the Bahamian Brews tour through Royal Caribbean, but then they cancelled it. We found a food and walking tour through an outside company called Tru Bahamian Tours. It was interesting to have a local take us around and tell us about the island while also stopping along the way to try Bahamian cuisine.
    View All 5,882 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • New Orleans
    Flew in two days early. Stayed at the French Market Inn. Would totally stay there again. It was a beautiful hotel that was close to everything and still managed to be quite despite all the craziness surrounding it. We primarily stayed in the French Quarter, but we did take a Lyft to the WWII museum. We only had a couple of hours to spend there, but you could honestly stay all day and probably not see it all.
    View All 622 New Orleans Cruise Port Reviews