3. Norwegian Bliss
This was our first family cruise. There were 9 people in our party altogether. 6 adults and 3 kids ages 10, 10, & 11. My wife turned 40 in November and one of the other adult women turned 40 just prior. So, we decided on a cruise to celebrate. We chose Norwegian Bliss because we wanted a newer ship and because the reviews for Norwegian were so favorable. We were not disappointed. There was a packed schedule of activities to keep us entertained any time we wanted. Of course these can be participated in at your leisure, so we also had a lot of free time to relax. The staff was utterly amazing. They were all super friendly and accommodating. From the Cruise Director Dan Dan, Assistant Cruise Director Jacky Tang to the folks who led some of the entertainment like Ankica Ivanovich, M&M, Henri, etc. to the extremely nice and caring people who ran the Splash Academy like Speedy, Gummi Bear, Pancake, Tornado, etc. Can't say enough good things about the Splash Academy and the game shows/activities that we and the kids got to participate in. And the Shows!!...Jersey Boys(Thanks to Bonnie and Shelby for the recommendation & performance), Prohibition(Thanks Sarah-Australia & Sarah-Niagara for hanging out with us and bringing me up for the final 'Dance'). Our Steward, Barrington, was amazingly helpful as well. We also saw a few comedy shows(Thanks Allison Weber, Flip Schultz, and Jim McDonald)If I could really dig for something to complain about it would be that the pool area tended to be a bit crowded during the day, but I'd be digging. This was every bit the experience we were looking for. We did three excursions(You must go see Jost Van Dyke in Tortola). We also went snorkeling in St.Thomas and and Everglades Air boat ride when we got back to Miami. I bought my first painting at the Art Auction that was super fun also. We got a balcony cabin. The room and especially the balcony was much bigger than the pics online suggest. Our family of 4 had no issue with all our stuff and hanging out. The food everywhere on the ship was perfect. Embarkation/Debarkation(which I was very worried about) were a snap. No issue, no delays. Bliss was super clean, even in all the public areas/restrooms.

Incredible experience! Staff was amazing.

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by tforlo1

Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Family Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B8 9784
Our family of 4(My wife & I and our 10 year old twins) were very comfortable. Our Steward, Barrington, dropped the bunk out of the ceiling and prepared the bunks for the kids each night, and then reset them to a couch each morning.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Everglades Tour
    Great Airboat tour. The tour guide was one of the best I've ever seen. Just wish I could remember his name(Jeff?) Very knowledgeable guy. The Gator place itself was a little run down, but friendly people, good food, great ride, lots of gators and other wildlife to see. Also, we did it on our LAST day which is a must. We were flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. This excursion allowed us to get off the ship very quickly, then onto the tourbus, do the excursion AND they took us all the way to Ft.Lauderdale Airport WITH our luggage. Simple!
    View All 113 Everglades Tour Reviews
  • Nassau
    We got off the ship, just to get right back on. Don't really care much for Nassau. Our friends went to the Poopdeck Bar out near Atlantis though and had a good time. My wife and I hung out with the kids on the ship which was glorious.
    View All 5,883 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    Excellent experienc. Saw sea turtles and rays and other fish. Also saw a shipwreck. The staff was fantastic. Would like to have snorkeled a bit longer, but great trip.
    View All 319 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Jost Van Dyke
    One of the greatest beaches I've ever seen. We LOVED this place. Go see Seddi at the One Love and see his magic tricks.
    View All 91 Jost Van Dyke Reviews