3. Adventure of the Seas
We have been cruising with Royal since 2002 - have done 9 cruises and 7 were with RCCL.and second time on Adventure We have never been so disappointed on how much royal has gone down since our last time on the Adventure. We did Alaska in 2013 on Radiance (love Alaska and the Radiance). Done get me wrong some parts of the cruise were fabulous (staff especially), but overall it seems RCCL is more into making money than worrying about their overall performance. Stayed two days before at Pier 66 and was beautiful. The ship though a real disappointment. Royal used to pride themselves with the cleanliness of their ships and the overall look. I remember when every port they would be washing the windows and cleaning everywhere. Not anymore. The insides windows in the windjammer looked like they hadnt been cleaned in a long time. Also on the pool deck. One port the staff hosed down the outside windows with water, then soap, then rinsed them, but never squigeed them so the water just ran the windows and made them look worse. Our balcony glass on the outside looked like they had never been cleaned either and the railing was pealing and if you looked at the underside all you saw was rust. We had a notice half way thru the cruise to make sure the balcony doors were closed as they were going to clean them. Hubby was in the room at the time and all they did was hose them. When we went out on the balcony there was white paint chips all over the glass, our chairs and the floor. I found that even though this was a Xmas cruise there wasnt a lot of activies offered for the passengers that did not have a price tag attached. Sea days included in this. I felt sorry for the staff on the pool deck as not as much staff and they were constantly running to keep up with drink orders. Our attendant was great and even though he took up to twenty orders and once and your sometimes had to wait up to 45 minutes to get your drink (due to lack of staff) he never got your order wrong. RCCL put a notice in the daily that passengers would be able to check in on line the day before their flights. I thought great, however, when I called to ask where to go to do this they told me I would have to pay $10 for an hour of internet to do this. We unplug when we are on holidays so do not have electronics with us, but to pay for an hour of service when it would take not even five minutes to check in was ridiculous. Luckily we met a lot of people who volunteered to let us use their devices to check in. Also RCCL forgot to mention that when checking in to remember to do so on Florida time. We were in the middle of the caribbean who remembers what time zone you are in. When we went to check in of course we couldnt and went to guest services for help. Even the staff couldnt explain why we couldnt until one gentleman asked his supervisor and they finally figured out the time change part. RCCL has really gone down hill on customer service and their pride in their ships. We dont know if we will return. We have already booked a 20 days cruise in Nov but on princess. The first night I couldnt sleep as the bed was like sleeping on a sheep of plywood. Ask the room attendant for the egg crate foam (which they dont have anymore) but he put 4 foam pads on the bed to make it more comfortable. When I asked him about it he told me that the beds were changed when they did the refurbishment and he had had nothing but complaints ever since about the quality of the bed. Our room attendant was fabulous, keep us supplied with ice as I had hurt my back the first day and needed ice for it. Also hubby got sunstroke half way thru and of course ended up sick. Ray (our attendant) constantly asked about him and as hubby was freezing (side effect of sunstroke) got him extra blankets. We usually do the buffet as we never know when we are hungry, but the buffet food never changed. Every day they supposedly had a different them but the food was always the same. Chicken, beef, pork, noodles and veg. We ended up a lot of times eating at the Cafe in the Promenade as the food was much better. Never thought to go to the dining room as we also dont like to wait an hour or more to eat. In all the years we have been cruising with RCCL we have never been so disappointed. It seems as if all RCCL cares about is how much money they can make (in order to pay for those new big ships) and they dont care about their guests. Also the excursion we took in St Maarten was horrible. Was not as described. On a bus with about 30 others (as expected). There was suppose to be many photo stops (had two) the rest of the time we had to take pictures as we went around the round about. Took us to a warehouse district (scary) stopped at a beat up place to sample and buy rum. No explanation on how the rum was made just stand in line sample and buy.

Very disappointed in Royal

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Fluffy Terry

Fluffy Terry’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Overall good cabin (had the hump) which we always try and get when on RCCL and try to always have deck 7. Only complaint was the outside windows and of course the bed.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans