• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Silver Muse Review

Editor Rating
11 Awards

Great ship, wonderful cabin, great crew

Review for Silver Muse to Australia & New Zealand
df2616
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin: Silver Suite 1
View from bedroom into living area
huge jetted tub
sink area

New Zealand and Australia have been on my wife and my bucket list for a while and we did it on this cruise. It was as beautiful as we hoped. As was our cruise ship the Silver Muse. It is a new ship and very well done. Our cabin was exceptionally well laid out and the crew was very very friendly. It was obvious that Silver Seas has put their best onboard. For example, I normally have a night cap of Baileys Irish Cream and coffee in our cabin every night but the coffee maker was for espresso and not American coffee. But I found a bartender just down the hall that listened to me and prepared my night cap exactly the way I like it every night. Each crew member we passed smiled and said hello.

Embarkation was somewhat disorganized. Check in on the dock was quick but we did arrive at a time where there were not very many people. But it was not complete. We had to do some further check in on the ship and this was a bottleneck. There were only four lines to service guests and they were backed up. Disembarkation was very easy. But again we were staying at a hotel in Auckland and did not have to leave with a lot of people.

We tend to eat in our cabin but there are lots of dining venues. I was able to get sushi for lunch one day by just walking in and sitting down. Unfortunately the sushi rice was like the kind you get in a supermarket, not very good. We did not do any of the speciality dining but the main dining room was beautiful and all the food on board was very good. Except maybe for the hamburgers, in this day of gourmet burgers these were pretty bland. But then there were the pizzas, best we have had. Also, the lobster was just OK. Kind of hard to describe but while not badly prepared it was a little tough. One big problem for me. I have a gluten allergy that causes me to break out if it eat it. I spent most of the cruise broken out, meaning I was getting gluten, so if you are celiac i would not cruise on this ship.

Silver Suite 1

Cabin S1

We stayed in a silver suite, cabin 1112. We need two separate areas at night because my wife and I keep very different schedules. She goes down at 7 and I stay up till midnight. So a suite with a separate area is necessary. The silver suite is extremely spacious. It has a large living area with a bedroom that is behind a pair of French doors. What is really nice is the bathroom is accessible from both the living area and the bedroom. So I could use the bathroom without bothering my wife in the bedroom. And the bathroom has a large jetted tub AND a large shower. As well as two sinks. Like I said very spacious. We have really enjoyed the suite. Also, deck 11 was very private with easy access to the observation lounge and Pizzeria.

Port Reviews

Gisborne

Had a great tour of the city. Visited the Grey's Bush Scenic Reserve which is an untouched area in terms of trees and vegetation. It lets you see how the area looked before people arrived and cleared the land. We did the Tatapouri Reef Stingray experience and got to feed stingrays in the wild. A unique experience.

4 Helpful Votes