• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Ocean View
Traveled with children

We choose this cruise as we wanted to go on a New Year's Eve cruise. It was a little pricey for 5 days, but for this time of year it was expected. I had read the reviews about the ship, so I was a little concerned about the wear and tear. I was pleasantly surprised, our room was fine and the décor & seating around the ship looked good. The place that really needs a lot of attention is the windows, a majority were very dirty. We had an ocean view room and you could see the build up in the corners.

Our stateroom steward, Leo, was very attentive to us. The quilt on my daughter's bed had a mark on it and he changed it right away. Our cabin was perfect for us and very clean.

For the entertainment, our cruise director, Deon, truly made the trip enjoyable. He is so energetic and made us laugh with his quick wit. The events at the atrium bar on the Empress deck were the best. I hope he will be the director on our next cruise.

Ocean View

Cabin 6D

Our cabin was fine. Definitely need to take sea showers as the water does not drain quickly and our shower flooded the bathroom a few times. I few things to note is that there is only 1 outlet in the room, so bring a power strip with you. We had to take turns charging our phones. Also, there is NO refrigerator in the room. We had brought on a bottle of champagne, bottle of wine and a case of soda. Thankfully the champagne was kept cold in a thermal case, but for the wine, I got an ice bucket and kept in cold in that. Our room steward, Leo, was great and changed out the ice for us daily.

Port Reviews