3. Oasis of the Seas
Oasis is a MUST DO experience!!! Add her to your Bucket List Tips: Before, During and After Okay...where to start?> This is our 4th RCCL cruise and definitely THE BEST so far! My wife and I were anxious to see this beautiful ship prior to our cruise so while visiting family in Palm Beach Gardens we drove to Ft. Lauderdale and took some pictures. They didn't do justice - you MUST experience the gorgeous ship in person! {TIP:}I found a great website; www.MortgageMobile.com -800-433-8602 and coordinated sail away photos with Lou Gnandt the gracious owner of the business. We called him as we were leaving the port and he took some unbelievable and most memorable pictures as we set sail on our 7 day journey into the open seas! We usually book a day prior and day after the cruise to settle in and decompress accordingly for our cruising experience so (TIP:) we stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 which has awesome views of the port where we took pictures and videos of the ships coming in and leaving. The staff at the Hyatt are awesome; from reservations, front desk (Lesilie and Louis, Bellman (Bobby, Paul, etc. to our room attendant "Francine". No airport or port shuttle offered but they do have a free beach shuttle and if you're as kind to them as they are to you I bet you can manage some extra perks if you ask! We took a private taxi/van which was arranged by Paul the bellman to beat the 300+ group that had buses lined up ahead of us so this was well worth a few extra dollars to us as we were so excited to get there in the 1st place! {TIP:} Make as many reservations as you can online at www.rccl.com for restaurants, private flow rider lessons, shows and sign all your waivers and order your own luggage tags prior to your cruise date - as early as possible! Emarkment is a breeze! {TIP:} If you dare to bring your own booze aboard (which is highly policed) use liter pop bottles. RCCL owes me my bottle of vodka back - hehe - You will board Deck 5 into the Royal Promanade...the WOW factor hits you...as you've read in reviews prior. {TIP:)I suggest signing up for the Zip Lining and FlowRiders as soon as you get on the ship..Go to Deck 16 AFT. A staff memeber told me that you can wait until Friday and stand in line and most likely will get a turn if you don't sign up. We did Rock Climbing, FlowRider {TIP}:(my wife had a private lesson which we booked online prior to cruising!)which were all incredible. {TIP:} don't be hungover when you do these activities on the ship as you won't enjoy them as much...if at all..or if you can even get up the rock climbing wall - Ha! I tend to party hard the first few days, get as much sun as possible then I slow down immensely toward the tail end of the cruise...so...{TIP:} do everything in moderation so you can maximize your time aboard and in the ports. I struggled to do the things we planned in St. Thomas as I had partied hard the few days prior - YIKES...not recommended. Since we'd been to St. Thomas 3x's before wasn't such a disappointment but still - MODERATION if you want to have the best time possible. {TIP:} We explored the ship prior to setting sail which worked out really well and afforded us a good command of where things were as we enjoyed each day on the ship. (TIP:} Definitley go to Deck 14, foward/port and locate the deck area where you can look out each side of the ship, front heliport area for the best views possible. {TIP:} We stayed in the BEST CABIN (we feel) on Deck 11 AFT overlooking the Boardwalk and Aquatheater. #11329 was PERFECT!!! We overlooked the ocean, got sunshine and we were up high enough so we didn't experience too much crowd noise from the Boardwalk activity. Plus, we could view all the Aquatheater shows and activities from the comfort of our private balcony. {TIP:} Decks 11 & 12 AFT have their own private lounge decks available which it seemed very few knew about the entire time were were sailing. We were able to have great pictures of our sail away ALONE taken by Lou at mortgagemobile.com, suntan during the daytime, enjoy Aquatheater activities and simply relax at night overlooking the vast open seas...Defintely your OWN slice of serenity there! Bless those in the Aquatheater suites because we had the same deck space for FREE! {TIP:} Check your Daily Cruise Compass the night before and highlight the things you want to do. If you think you can wing it you'll get caught up doing something else and risk missing things you really wanted to do {TIP:} See as many shows as possible. The enterainment is really great aboard the ship. Book HairSpray as early as possible into the cruise as my wife told me the main cast got off in St. Martin and there were no more shows afterward. {TIP:} Get a good spot for the parades and events that happen on the Royal Promanade - I suggest the piano bar lounge - Schooner Bar in the really comfortable seats overlooking the Royal Prom. but you have to get there early as there are people that just sit there all night long not doing anything and hogging the good seats. {TIP:} Regardless of the time you get to any pool to "save a chair" you cannot leave it open for more than 30 mins or the Deck Patrol will take your belongings off to allow others access to the chairs. P. Jules was awesome in accommodating my wife, myself and a few friends -= he's the BEST! We don't go on cruises to EAT or judge quality much rather experience all that is available. I will say that there are so many venues to eat at that the staff in the OPUS (main) dining room probably lost out on alot of money/tips because I know we ate at the Solarium for dinner - (Great), 150 Central Park (7 course experience, awesome!!!), IZUMI (Japanese cuisne, sushi) very good, Johnny Rockets and Seafood Shack - Very good and don't forget the Wipeout Cafe for chips, burger type snacks after port and ice cream if you want to enjoy that too. Opus dining food quality was below average if I was to rate it though. The servers are really great and really deserve a round of applause for enduring such schedule changes and absences at any time. PORTS: St. Thomas - you'll be coming into Crown Bay. We found a taxi that took us to the spots that we wanted to go to for $25/pp - My wife and I were married at BlueBeard's Castle so we always go there and take a few pictures at the spot were were married at. Then onto Coki Beach for snorkeling, shopping d/t and a tour of the island/ past Megan's Bay for great scenic pictures of the islands around St. Thomas then back to the ship by 3'ish. St. Martin: We rented a taxi from the port and got THE BEST tour guide. I don't have her card right now as we just got home last night but if you're interested in more information, pictures, comments feel free to write me at mrvago@comcast.net. {TIP:} Time Zone is 1 hour ahead of ship time so book with this in mind - and stick to the ship time and coordinate being smart. We went to MAHO BEACH - {TIP:} You may think it's FUN to stand behind the jetliners as the take off but I can assure you it's PAINFUL. I have videos to prove it. I swear I had sand in my lungs for a few days after I did and the intensity of the sand being blown against your skin truly is a feeling to be avoided! I hung onto the fence for one take off and was pelted by a small rock that felt like it cracked my skull..so Watch from the sidelines and don't be cool like I thoughtI would be to experience it firsthand! Bahamas: We walked around, shopped, walked some more to the public beach then back...walking...and walking...took some pictures and walked some more. Most people we talked to who went by water taxi to Atlantis thought it was spectacular but in my opinion I'm not paying $60-$100 to be told I can't sightsee the beach areas of the resort or whatever - so it's up to you. {TIP:} RESEARCH, READ REVIEWS and RESEARCH some more so you'll really be able to relax with confidence you know what you're doing, where you're going, etc. Ya' know the basic TO DO's and the DO NOT's. My two pennies: This ship is amazing. You nave to experience her for yourself. Yes...I did overindulge alot but I weighed myself this morning and I didn't gain a pound which seemed like I did but I guess the intense sun does tend to 'expand' things which is evident in some of the shot of my on the beach - OUCH - truth hurts!!! (oh..and so does being sand blasted with a sunburn) ENJOY and don't hesitite to get out there. The Oasis of the Seas is INCREDIBLE> and I do want to close with one last comment on the staff: We had the best time on the Oasis of the Seas because of the staff. They were pleasant, had sincere smiles, were quick to assist with answering questions or helping in anyway while aboard the ship. Very knowledgeable staff. Quick shout outs to P JULES: Beach Pool Attendant - AMAZING service! Ciao for now! ENJOY when it's your turn...Get on out there!!!

OASIS is a MUST DO - Add her to your Bucket List!!!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by mvago

Okay...where to start?>
Ciao for now! ENJOY when it's your turn...Get on out there!!!
mvago’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Our Cabin 11329 was excellent! Great location - THE BEST of all Boardwalk cabins unless the others were on the very aft like ours. Decks 10 & 11 are probably the best cabins in that area for views. There are two outlets you can plug into with both Euro and US plugs - Under desk and another location on the far wall under the bed.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans