3. Voyager of the Seas
I chose this cruise because I wanted to visit some new places. It was my first on Royal Caribbean, 18th overall. The itinerary was wonderful: Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Langkawi, and Phuket for 2 days. The shore excursions were A+. Our room steward was one of the best we have ever had. The ice skating show was spectacular. A big wow! Unfortunately, the negatives on this ship outweighed those positives. First of all, the food in the buffet was always cold. We gave up on eating breakfast there after the first morning. We had the ultimate dining plan. DO NOT GET. It is not worth it on this particular ship with only a couple restaurants included. Why wouldn't they include Johnny Rockets? The food there was superior to the food at the steakhouse. I have never had such rubbery filet mignons in my life! And the menu selection at the steakhouse is very limited. Not even French Onion Soup. Giovanni's food was slightly better and we went there most evenings. I do want to note that the service at both the steakhouse and the Italian restaurant was outstanding, attentive and friendly. The stores in the Promenade are mostly high end. There was no shop that sold T-shirts with countries names. And no sale ever with Royal Caribbean items. Maybe this is how Royal Caribbean is in general? Pastries looked very unappetizing in the cafe. The blueberry donuts I will recommend. They tasted better than they looked. Since breakfast was so cold, we got our breakfast in the morning at the cafe and took to our balcony to eat. Which brings me to this: The Voyager is an older ship so balconies are covered and not see-through. Not sure the extra for balcony on this particular ship/voyage was worth the extra cost. I would travel on Royal again if the itinerary was exciting. It seemed on this cruise it was just a means to get to destinations.

Disappointed

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by organist65

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Unfortunately, the negatives on this ship outweighed those positives.

organist65’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 6252
Size was adequate. Balcony old and small.
Deck 12 Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins