3. Oasis of the Seas
Sorry, I'm late in getting this out. My wife and I cruised with family and friends a year ago. It was our 2nd trip on Oasis, but we went back this time with family and first cruising friends. Our first cruise on Oasis had been in 2011 so the updates were new to us. I marked the overall grade as Excellent (5 stars) because we purchased a follow-on cruise on board on the Symphony. So, we must have really enjoyed ourselves. Moreover, if you read this and any other review on this class of ships you will not be surprised by the sheer size of the ship or the number of people on board. I read reviews before I go out so I can know what I'm getting. First, this ship (as with all Oasis Class ships) is huge and loaded with multiple venues, areas, food, shopping and on and on. There is much to do here and I cannot see how anyone could be bored. Second, huge means large crowds. Oasis does a very good job of handling such large numbers, but occasionally there is a wait. If you continually follow the crowd all you will see is the crowd. We chose to walk the stairs occasionally, find a dining area out of the way (zig instead of zag). We also ate in more restaurants this time than on any of our previous cruises. Chops, 150 Central Park and Giovanni's Table were outstanding and well worth the upcharge. Our group signed up for My Time dining (more on that later as it is the only negative thing in the commentary). We attended Cats - a fantastic version of the Broadway musical in the opinion of my wife who had seen the BW version. The water show - fabulous high diving and theater in one show. Bingo! Our first time cruising friends were big winners at Bingo not once but twice. Another in our group won a cruise in the casino. The gym is state of the art and will become less populated as the cruise wears on. It was busy on the first few days, but dropped off dramatically during the week. Also, a great time to use the gym is on the morning of port visits. Everyone is lined up to get off the ship and no one is in the gym. We got in an hour and when we left ship (on non-shore excursion days) no line-no wait. My Time Dining - SUCKED! Sorry for the brutality of the words, but it was terrible for us and our large group - 12 people. It was so bad we will never do it again. I am sure there are some people that like it, but we did not. I don't care when you show up you must wait until the dining room staff knows how many table and of what size will be available. We went a 12, 8, 4 and 2. It didn't matter what the party size was. In retrospect, such a large group should have had a reserved table in advance. We didn't and I hang that one on the travel agency not Royal Caribbean. Back to my assault, on MTD - my wife and I didn't like it because (1) we were never at the same table, so we never go to know the waitstaff (2) waiting in line for a table (3) we always felt rushed. First of all, I don't point too many fingers at RC and Oasis. This is a result of what the customer wants and it doesn't fit everyone especially us. On the lighter side, it did cause us to use the restaurants more frequently and we had marvelous experiences at each one.

Huge Ship, Lots of Stuff to do, Did I say it was H-U-U-U-G-E?!?

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by subsurfcpo

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View with Large Balcony

subsurfcpo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean View with Large Balcony
Cabin 1C 6142
Staterooms on Oasis are slightly smaller than the other classes we have cruised on (Radiance, Serenade & Adventure) for the same cabin class. But, they layout is more ergonomic and (for lack of a better term) fengshui - it just flows better. We were on the 6th deck port side just forward of the mid line (forward of the stairwell). We liked the location so much we chose it for our next cruise (we purchased on board) that will be coming in a month on Symphony of the Seas.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins