3. Anthem of the Seas
We chose this cruise because it was in January and a drivable port (13hrs) and also because it was a newer ship. Anthem definitely met our expectations but did not exceed them. That being said we will be booking again next year at this time. Pros: driveable port, newer big ship that is in good shape. The ship was sold out and you only ever noticed the people on the esplanade, windjammer and the dining room. But even then it was not unbearable. We even found ourselves wondering, where is everyone? Solarium bistro was a great find. Great food and a very nice place to meet people for dinner. All the staff is kind and courteous. Embarkation was a breeze! Cons: biggest beef was the bed. Both my husband and I found it soooo hard. I spoke to many others who said same. Our cabin Steward did all he could to make it softer. Going as far as putting 3 blankets on the mattress then the sheet. It didn’t help. We were disappointed in the food in the dining room. Don’t get me wrong it was good, just not as good as we have had on previous RCCI cruises. We are people that enjoy dressing up and going to the main dining room (we never get to do it at home) we rarely go to windjammers buffet. This cruise we found we ate in the dining room a total of 6 times. Solarium and windjammers the rest of our meals. Windjammers was a very pleasant surprise. We enjoyed the different “stations” That’s it for complaints. Of cours our Cabin Steward, Simeon, was great. Always a smile and a wave and a tidbit of information! Loved the “washy washy” girls at windjammer, especially Joanna. All in all I will recommend, but I will be bringing an eggshell topper next year.

Anthem is a pretty cool ship

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by jalbertfarm

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View with Large Balcony

That’s it for complaints.

jalbertfarm’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View with Large Balcony
Cabin 1C 8648
Great cabin. Balcony was very deep. Great fo getting out of the direct sun. Cabin has everything you need. Plenty of space for 2-3 people
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins