3. Celebrity Solstice
We choose cruises based on places we want to stop, and have preferred Celebrity when possible for the past 15+ years. Things we liked: Every place we stopped. Love New Zealand. Cruising the fjords of New Zealand. Select dining started at 5:30 so you could catch the 7 pm show. Everyone tried hard to please, and most succeeded. They really do have good people. Liked the Elite benefits--bag of laundry, 3 free drinks everyday from 5-7 anywhere on the ship (except dining room). Looked forward to the captain's announcements--always learned something. Ice cream every day. They even had cinnamon every single day (normally we only see it a few days). Captains presentation on the last sea day was the best presentation I've ever seen on a ship--better even than our Panama Canal presentations. Things we didn't like: Food in the dining room and on the buffet seems to be significantly going downwards. I've heard these complaints for years, but this cruise it really really seemed true. On a shore excursion someone asked how the food was, and another passenger replied "average". Sad, because we originally chose Celebrity years ago because the food was above average. Sloooooow select dining service. Servers could have sped things up a bit (often sat for 15 minutes waiting for a menu, dishes cleared, etc), but I also think there is something about how they run it that it just goes slow (an organizational and management problem). Took 3 days and 5 trips to the customer service desk to get my Elite benefits working properly. They were nice enough about it, just couldn't fix it right the first time. Heard several times "sometimes it doesn't work, just put it on your bill and we'll take it off". Guest lecturers were pretty dry. I give the ship 3 stars mostly because of the food and organizational issues. 5 stars for the destination.

Great destinations, just average cruise

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by dszrew

Things we liked:

Every place we stopped. Love New Zealand.

Cruising the fjords of New Zealand.

Select dining started at 5:30 so you could catch the 7 pm show.

Looked forward to the captain's announcements--always learned something.

Things we didn't like:

Guest lecturers were pretty dry.

dszrew’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1A 8344
Sunset Veranda at back of ship, deck 8, right in the middle. Larger than average balcony. Bed closest to the balcony. Comfortable room, great service. No overhead shelter from the rain or sun but otherwise a great location. We like the aft cabins.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins