3. Anthem of the Seas
My Brief Review of Anthem of the Seas Cruise – Jan 06 through Jan 18 Giving a little back to the forum that has given to me… The Bad – well documented in this forum, the AC was not functioning for 5+ nights. We received little compensation for the rooms being 83 degrees. My complaint to Royal is ongoing and in process. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln did you enjoy the play??? Yes, the Cruise was great Anthem is a great ship. It never felt crowed. My only other complaint is you did have to wait for the elevators. Usually not very long. A minor inconvenience. Embarkation. We got to the port @ ~ 1030. We went to security and right on the ship. We had no problems carrying on two bottles of wine. Could have brought two bottles per person as long as people go in different security lines. I neither approve nor condone this behavior. Rooms - I had two rooms 11811 and 11813, both inside cabins. The rooms were great, spacious. Lots of room for luggage and storage. In 11813 there were three people staying in it. The room got a little tight when the attendant pulled out the sofa at night, but still a nice room. The virtual balcony was neat. I enjoyed looking at it so see what the weather and sea conditions were. It was interesting when we were in port and see the comings and goings Kids Club – my 6 y.o. LOVED the kids club. There were not many kids on the cruise, so they combined some of the age groups. That seemed to work out well. He enjoyed the activities, and liked eating dinner with the kid’s club. We had him picked up from the main dining room some nights and some nights he just stayed in kids club and ate with them. He liked both of those options. IFLY – very cool. There is a weight limit and the have a scale to check. Under 6 feet you need 230 lbs., over 6 feet under 250 lbs. There were people in my group that did not make the weight and they didn’t fly. North star – also very cool. Also had a weight limit of 250 lbs., per person. There was a scale there but no one was there to check. We grabbed a time when we were pulling out of port and at sunset. Very nice view. The escape room – great - do this. Book as soon as you get to the ship. It was a LOT of fun The trapeze - was fun. Again, a weight limit – 220 lbs. Again, there was a scale and they checked The bumper cars were fun as well. Windjammer – standard windjammer – Good was good. Never had much difficulty getting a table (although I did not go there on embarkation day). There is a place there to get specialty coffee The main dining rooms – food ranged from ok – great depending on what was ordered. Service was excellent. One thing that we did not do until later was have lunch in the main dining rooms, there is a upscale buffet as well as table service. If I would have known I would have eaten lunch every day in the MDR. I never tried breakfast in the MDR. Sorrento's Pizza – good pizza, not great but not bad. They also had other “Italian” dishes and some pastries and breakfast sandwiches. 270 – What people have written about the roast beef sandwiches is true. They were great! The rest of the food was good was well. Not crowed on embarkation day The shows were good as were the headliners. Some shows were better than others, but I felt all were worth my time. The coffee show (I forget the name) was good. This was the only place I had to wait it I wanted to get two beverages (I had the deluxe package). They asked me to wait 15 min between drinks. Anthem is a great ship. I would sail her again (depending on how Royal responds to the AC problem) If you have questions feel free to ask

Good cruise despite AC not working

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by ktrwe1

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Virtual Balcony
My Brief Review of Anthem of the Seas Cruise – Jan 06 through Jan 18

Giving a little back to the forum that has given to me…

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln did you enjoy the play???

The bumper cars were fun as well.

If you have questions feel free to ask
ktrwe1’s Full Rating Summary