3. Seven Seas Voyager
We booked this cruise as kind of a last-minute getaway for my wife's birthday. Figured what better way to celebrate a milestone than being in St. Maarten on an all-inclusive luxury cruise, right? Here's my breakdown of the ship, crew, etc: Common Areas: Again, I saw no signs of wear - the crew was ALWAYS cleaning, painting, tweaking, etc. - I really can't find fault anywhere.  Seriously.  One lunch at Compass Rose, I saw that all of the LED accent lights were off-white, but one 8' section was light blue.  That's honestly how deep I had to dig to find anything I didn't think was perfect. Dining: Probably the best I've had in recent years.  One evening in Compass Rose, I had an entree delivered that was merely warm.  Just one.  I know this has been a point of contention lately so I was watching out for it, and I really don't see a problem with it at all.  It may be a problem in other venues or in other sections or with other servers, but good Lord, I didn't see it.  All other times, my courses were delivered hot and delicious. I had previously had minor problems with service in the pool grill/bar area.  Well, THAT'S obviously been addressed.  I couldn't finish a meal or a snack or a drink without being visited within 30 seconds asking me what they could bring me.  I guess corporate really is listening.  Pool service went from barely passable to superb between our last cruise and this one.  Kudos, Regent. Crew: I figured it would be good when we were approached by Francisco about 5 minutes after boarding and he said, "Hey, I remember you guys - how are you?"  This was from August '17.  And he remembered us.  He then said, "Welcome home" - and that set the course for the rest of the cruise.  We recognized quite a few staff and crew and they all made us feel very welcome.  Not once did I encounter anyone who wasn't smiling and eager to help.  I usually see about one or two gloomy Gus types on a cruise, but I honestly didn't see a single one this trip.  It was very refreshing. Officers/Staff: We didn't interact much with the staff other than the GM, Davor, who seemed to be everywhere on the ship at the same time.  The man runs a tight ship, literally.  The CD team was Andy and Tammy and they were as chipper and happy as always.  Reception and Destination Services were stellar this time - even when we were in line waiting to ask a question and the guests in front of us kept berating them, they never lost their smiles or professionalism.  I was impressed. Ports: I'll be general here because everyone has different expectations here, but we stopped in Great Stirrup Cay, San Juan, Tortola, Antigua, St. Barts, and St. Maarten.  All I can say is that there will be something for everyone in at least one or two of these ports.  There are still signs of damage from Hurricane Irma on all of the islands, but it's amazing how quickly things are coming back online.  Don't expect perfection, but most of the tourist things are up and running. Excursions: Again, many things to choose from, whether it's lying on a beach, shopping, sightseeing, or getting a bit more adventurous, there's something for everyone.  I did the parasailing, the walking culinary tour, the stingray swim, the ATV adventure, the semi-submersible, and the helmet dive.  If anyone has any specific questions about any of these, I'd be glad to try and answer them. Internet: You're going to hear different stories on this one, so take this with a grain of salt...but after years of me griping and complaining about the internet, it was actually usable pretty much every day for me on this cruise.  Usually a bit slow, but I was always able to get online.  Streaming services (Pandora, YouTube, FaceTime, etc.) were blocked on the standard connections.  I heard that Regent is offering an 'enhanced package' that gives you more unfettered access, higher speeds, and no blocking - for $39/day or something like that.  Wasn't worth it to me. Bottom line:  the full-time IT guy never - NEVER - had a problem logging in and getting internet access, whereas other non-IT people kept saying the internet sucked (or until they listened to me about how to get working again).  You make the call... Summary: Bottom line, we loved this cruise.  We usually go to the Mediterranean or the Baltic or somewhere where the travel wears you down a bit...this one was a 2 hour flight for us.  Honestly, the worst part of the trip was the 2.5 hour drive home from the Charlotte airport.  It's usually about an hour and 40 minutes, but between rain and accidents it was bumper to bumper almost the entire way.  I'd heard horror stories about the Miami Cruise Terminal but we had no issues there at all, knock wood.  We had about a $12 Uber from the hotel to the terminal, the porters got our luggage at the curb, we checked in in less than 20 minutes, and were on board by noon.  We were in our cabin at 1:00.  Smooth as silk. Our butler made us want a butler all the time.  The ship was in fantastic condition, the crew was spot on, food and service were better than any cruise in recent memory.  In fact, this cruise was so good we booked another one for next year in addition to the one we already had booked. My wife's birthday was, in her words "Best.  Birthday.  Ever."  Who can argue with that?

Voyager - got it goin' on!!

Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by UUNetBill

Get Seven Seas Voyager price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin C 677
Cabin:

We booked an H Gty and were fortunate enough to receive a visit from the upgrade fairy to a PH C, Aft, commonly known as the Horizonview suites.  Although the same size as the D-H cabins, these aft-facing suites have larger balconies and butlers along with the associated amenities.  I'm not usually a butler kind of guy, but if all butlers were like Zahid, I probably would be.  The cabin itself was in excellent condition, and I was looking pretty closely after reading some recent reviews.  The carpet and cabinets were in excellent condition, everything worked, and even being aft, there were no serious rattles.  As others have said, the lack of drawer space could be an issue on a longer cruise, but my wife and I had plenty of space for all of our things.  I think there's more than adequate storage for anything up to 14-16 days, but I can see how it could start to be an issue on a longer itinerary.  But then again, anything short of the named suites is somewhat limited in space in the long run.  Our butler (Zahid) and stewardess (Cyndi sp?) were superb - our cabin was always spotless and they bent over backwards to meet our schedule.  Truth be told, I rarely saw our stewardess - I called her the stealth attendant.  We did have some issues with the shower door leaking, especially when anchored - there was a wind-induced list that allowed the water to splash over the sill.  An extra towel rolled up at the base of the shower cured that.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins