3. Mariner of the Seas
The title says it all. The ship has a lot to offer, especially for children and teens.There is bungy jumping, rope climbing, laser tag, escape room, ice shows, and more. Only problem with all of those is that you must sign up as operation hours are not as long as needed and slots fill up fast, so make your way to guest services early to sign up, or you lose out. My grandson was only able to do rock climbing because we just showed up and was lucky to find a space. So, sign up early. My biggest complaint was that my room was very moldy, dated, and dirty. I asked them to cover the couch with a clean sheet as the stains were disgusting. I have mold allergies and had to keep the balcony door open at all times in order to stay in the room. The staff tried to clean, but the problem was beyond cleaning and new carpets and couches may have helped to eliminate the problem. So much money spent on the other parts of the ship, but impossible to enjoy ones cruise when staying in a dirty smelly room. I traveled with family and they occupied two other cabins. Neither was a bad as mine, but both had slight mold odor, both had carpets and couches that needed cleaning. No, needed replacement. Very unpleasant for this traveler. The dining experience on this ship was above average. I usually try the specialty options at least once, but we were traveling with young children and did not do so on this cruise. The main dining room was above the norm and the staff went 'overboard' to please the various dietary needs of our group. The Ice show on this ship is terrific however, the other entertainment offered was not up to the standards of other short cruises we have taken. So that was a disappointment as well. This cruise line has a private Island day, and that was nice and as expected. The other stop is Nassau, and has the typical available options. Again, sign up early if interested in an excursion. We were able to get our third choice, and did the submarine ride which the children enjoyed.

Newly refurbished beautiful ship-smelly old moldy rooms

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by mvent