3. MSC Musica
I prefer longer cruises than the standard three or five day cruises. I really cherish the days at sea and both Mauritius and Reunion are fabulous destinations. The thing about an MSC Cruise that I appreciate is the activities planned and presented - you can be busy 24/24 or you can be as 'laid-back' as you choose. Overall the Staff are friendly, attentive and go out of their way to make your cruise memorable - yet, they are seldom if ever 'intrusive'. The Musica is a very spacious and luxurious ship. The Public rooms such as lounges, bars, restaurants, Reception Area are very spacious and you never get the feeling of being 'crowded out'. I think that the Buffet-Cafeteria on Deck 13 is very large and well laid out. However, I am not a fan of 'Buffet Restaurants' and by far prefer eating in a more formal dining restaurant with linen table-cloths and linen serviettes and being served at table by friendly and attentavie Waiters. The problem with Buffet restaurants is that people tend to eat to excess - everything looks so good and interesting. What I also appreciated on the Musica is the 'Kaito Shushi Bar Restaurant'. Together with my Cruise Partner and some other friends on board, for Dinner we were booked for the 1st Seating in the 'Belle Epoque' Restaurant on deck 6. A beautiful Restaurant with a wonderful and 'classy' ambience and decor! Table service was top class with a wonderful Waiter and Wiatress for Table 760. Breakfast and Lunch I mostly had in the 'L'Oleandro restaurant' on deck 5 - also always a pleasant, delightful experience with good service all round.The 'La Scala Theatre' is maginificent and most of the Shows and Entertaiment 'top class', although I am not a fan of 'Comedy' so I did not attend when this was on. One complaint I do have as that on the whole, especially in the 'ILTocano Lounge', the 'L'Enoteca Wine Bar' as well as in the 'Blue Velvet Bar' the volume of the singing was far too loud - a little more 'subdued' would have been far preferable! My favourite Outdoor bar was the 'Blue Marlin Bar' on the Pool Deck. I was extremely fond of the MSC Sinfonia and preferrred her to the MSC Opera - always enjoying the cruises I did on her. However, I must say that the MUSICA is of a different class and I am most impressed - I really look forward to her Sister Ship - the MSC Orchestra - coming to do the 2019/2020 South African Season and have already booked my cruises on her.

Vibrant, exciting itinerary with a festive, celebratory atmosphere throughout!

MSC Musica Cruise Review by Johnbart

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Africa
Johnbart’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Musica price drops

Very good. Decor and lay-out very good and the Aft facing Cabins on deck 10 are nice and big! The Cabin Attendant was very friendly and always ready to be of service - again without being in any way 'intrusive'. Cleanliness is spotless.
  MSC Musica Deck Plans