3. Carnival Ecstasy
We chose this cruise as an inexpensive getaway for a group of women. The ship is small and is on the older end of cruise ships. Carnival manages to pack most of the amenities offered on the larger ships onto the ecstasy, but the layout isn't quite as intuitive. Guys Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, and the Wind Star dining room were the dining highlights. The food was exactly what you'd expect on a carnival cruise! I was impressed with the breadth of activities and entertainment - from Trivia to Shows to Dancing til Dawn - this ship has you covered. For the bars, I really enjoyed the piano bar's entertainment. The alchemy bar was my favorite out of all of the places to grab a drink on the ship. The ports of call were beautiful - as are all islands in the Bahamas. There isn't much to see/do without an excursion in Freeport - I went to the beach that day. Halfmoon Cay was absolutely stunning, and I had a lot of fun doing a stingray encounter. If I am ever in Nassau again, I don't think I would book an excursion. Junkanoo beach is a public beach within walking distance, and there is plenty of shops that can be visited on foot. Even some of the big attractions are only a short cab ride away. I did book a ship excursion to Adastra, and that was very interesting (but again, could have been done not through the ship).

Fun but small ship

Embem’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D M222
My cabin was small, but had all the features I paid for. Bathroom was in working order. Balcony was nice. It's exactly what I expected. Our room steward was awesome - and made the tiny cabin feel like home!
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins