3. Norwegian Sky
Embarkation was easy and quick. It was just my husband and I. The bathrooms there were horrible so we waited until we got on the ship to go. There was a long line to check-in but it moved quickly then we were having our on-boarding picture taken and waiting for our boarding number to be called. Once we were on the ship went straight to the Main dining room for lunch (even though there was someone there directing us to the buffet) and it was amazing. The food quality went down from there. The drinks were always good. The next morning we went back to the main dining room for breakfast and our biscuits and gravy was cold. We tried the crossings restaurant for dinner and the main course just wasn't good. The steaks were tough and had no flavor. The food just didn't seem to be warm enough on the buffets and It was the same thing all the time. Our room was nice the bathroom was small (that's to be expected) but it always looked dirty. Everything is plastic in there so it just seemed stained. I loved our steward, he was great. This was a free bar cruise so there weren't many children around, which was nice. I don't mind children I just don't think this was an appropriate cruise for them to be on. Some of the ladies didn't leave anything to your imagination by the pool. If we were to go on this cruise again I don't think we would get off at Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas. They seem to be still rebuilding after the hurricane and there is not much to do. Nassau was amazing. I do recommend walking about a mile to the beach and chilling out there. They offer umbrellas and chairs but we didn't plan on staying all day so we just used our towel. I brought my own snorkel set and had a great time looking at all the fish. We were not able to get off at our last stop, Stirrup Cay, because of the waves. That was a let down. We were stuck on the ship with nothing to do unless you wanted to spend money. We stayed in our room and watched movies. It was too windy (and cool) that day to enjoy the pool. Disembarkation went smoothly. We woke up early so we had breakfast at the buffet and left. There were no lines so it took maybe 10 minutes to walk off the ship and get to our car. Overall it was a nice cruise. I think I would go again but not on that ship. The food was really disappointing.

Drinks were great but food was cold.

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by weaversgirl22

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Family Oceanview Large Porthole Window

weaversgirl22’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Family Oceanview Large Porthole Window
Cabin O2 2255
It was great. Arsa our steward was amazing. This was the first time I had a view on a cruise and now I don't know if I can cruise without it. Our room was nice the bathroom was small (that's to be expected) but it always looked dirty. Everything is plastic in there so it just seemed stained.
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins