3. Silver Shadow
This was my first experience with Silversea, having travelled with around a dozen other cruise lines over the decades. Silversea wins hands down! I had the lowest (and presumably the lowliest) of cabins (428), which I jokingly referred to as being 'below the Plimsoll Line.' It was incredibly spacious, with a huge and comfortable bed, lounge suite and two armchairs, walk in robe and ample storage, a bathroom larger than my own, desk, coffee table, further mirrored ledges, and a generous ocean view. The toiletries were Bvulgari, the in-suite fridge stocked and replenished with beverages of my choice, VIP treatment from both the butler and his assistant, who despite being totally professional, felt like 'family' throughout. I also appreciated the daily newspaper, plus bulletins from my part of the world, and having the nearby laundrette was fantastic. Given my predilection for cruising - and my love of food - I reckon I'm qualified to judge the variety of menu options across Silversea's several restaurants, the quality and generosity of the servings, and the high standard of the wait staff as outstanding. Special requests were honoured when necessary, preferred wines freely offered if those chosen daily were not to your liking, imaginative and delicious cocktails always available. My late husband and I have been guilty on many an occasion of eschewing a voyage's entertainment in favour of sleep. I'm so glad I didn't on the Silver Shadow. Their entertainers were fantastic: both the onboard team and the guest saxophonist and the cello duo. Cruise Director Moss brought the house down with his own show one night. Accolades also to the wonderful pianist who never seemed to sleep, and the resident band whose musical repertoire knew no boundaries. I selfishly enjoyed many hours playing bridge (the card game, not the control centre!) and afternoon trivia with a bunch of fellow voyagers. At no time did I feel lonely as a solo traveller. Every single member of the Silver Shadow's crew went out of their way to be welcoming, kind, friendly and helpful. Extraordinary training and personal enthusiasm must lie behind their exemplary and personalised customer service skills. Acts of God brought undone our scheduled itinerary, but the ship's personnel from top to bottom all coped well and cheerfully carried on (unlike some of their guests whose plans had been scuttled in order to save their lives!). This has been a most wonderful introduction to my future relationship with Silversea.

Wedded for life!

Heather Bailey’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Shadow price drops

Vista Suite
Cabin VI 248
Perfect - see comments above. No need to go higher!!
Deck 7 Suite Cabins