3. Carnival Sensation
As I first boarded the ship, I wasn't prepared for how small and aged the ship was going to be. Being my 7th cruise, this was the smallest ship I have cruised on. The overall decor of the ship was outdated (carpets, walls, signage, etc.) and everything was purple. As far as entertainment on board, the broadway style shows and comedian acts were both fantastic. Our cruise director, Deon, was funny, energetic, and new how to keep a crowd entertained. The food quality on board wasn't terrible, but I have had better food on other Carnival ships. The selection of food was great though with many different options at both the Lido deck buffets and in the dining rooms. The dining experience in the dining room was great. All of the staff are friendly, remember your name and food preferences, as well as put on some good entertainment during dinner. I have always been a fan of Carnival's drink selection and quality of drinks. I highly recommend the Cheers Program if you are going to have more than 5 drinks a day. The Alchemy Bar is my favorite bar on board. They have the best quality drinks and the bar staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. The ports that we went to were Princess Cays and Nassau, Bahamas. This was my first trip to Princess Cays, which is one of Carnival's private islands. You are able to get off the boat and find a beach chair right by the water. The food on the island is included so you don't need to go back to the ship for lunch or buy lunch like at most ports. You are able to buy drinks from the bartenders that will come right up to your chair and charge them to your stateroom and not have to worry about having any cash. As far as Nassau, I must say that I am not usually a fan. You have to take a taxi to pretty much anywhere you want to go, there is not much to do right when you walk off the ship. This is definitely a port you want to book an excursion at so that you have something planned getting off the boat. Overall, I thought this cruise was a good value for what you pay for. Staying in a suite made the trip better. Having our room accessible very close to the Lido deck was great. Having priority embarkation/debarkation as well as priority getting on the water shuttles was well worth it as well.

Good value cruise for an older ship

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by cbreton23

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite (obstructed views)

cbreton23’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Junior Suite (obstructed views)
Cabin OB V21
The size of the room is comparable to a typical Oceanview stateroom on most other Carnival ships. Having the balcony was nice but its very small. It was hard to sit two people on it comfortably without hanging your feet over the railing. While this is an obstructed view room, the obstruction was minimal on the right side from lifeboat but the view was still great. The bathroom was a bit larger than most regular sided rooms which was nice as well.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins