3. Adventure of the Seas
I talked a very hesitant friend and her husband into trying a cruise and decided my wife and I should go along. Glad we did. I should first describe my idea of a great cruise...really relaxed. Stayed at the Fortuna hotel pre cruise. Really neat little boutique hotel near the beach. Boarding was effortless. There was no line for Diamond and a short line for general boarding. On board in 10 minutes and a drink in hand. Love the drink package. Had a balcony cabin 7534 with plenty of room and quite comfortable for me. Explored the ship. Had not been on Adventure (although have also been on Navigator and Explorer). Love the ship and the peekaboo bridge. Pool bar was my favorite and Schooner was a close second. All on board meals in the Windjammer (don't like wearing long sleeve pants). No complaints about the food. There was a minor issue when the crew served dessert and plugged the entrance. Cabin service was attentive and no complaints. Requested a daily ice bucket and it was delivered. Labadee was Labadee. The buffet was fine and typical. Already paid drinks are great. Avoided the locals. San Juan is one of my favorite places. The forts weren't open for my friends and wife to see but we had a great hike along the old wall and 2 great meals in town. We were there from 1300-2100. Sint Maarten was up next. We went out to the airport by private cab. It was much more crowded than the last time we were there (likely would find other things to do next time) but it was fun for the first time friends. We stopped for a bit in town after the airport and had a good time strolling the boardwalk. Last port was St. Kitts. My wife and friends did a dolphin excursion while I wandered around the port and town. When they got back we hiked about 10 miles around town. Great fun. Finished with 2 great sea days. The production shows were ho hum. Game shows were fun. We're not late nights so didn't catch much after 2200 except Love and Marriage. Jogging track is a bit short. I went by time and no idea how many laps. The info says 8 laps to a mile (I showed closer to 9). All in all another great cruise on Royal and will definitely return. Stayed at Red Carpet Inn post cruise. Comfortable, ok accommodations.

Another great RC cruise

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by sawpgw

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

I should first describe my idea of a great cruise...really relaxed.

Had a balcony cabin 7534 with plenty of room and quite comfortable for me.

Pool bar was my favorite and Schooner was a close second.

Finished with 2 great sea days.

The production shows were ho hum.

Game shows were fun.

We're not late nights so didn't catch much after 2200 except Love and Marriage.

All in all another great cruise on Royal and will definitely return.

Stayed at Red Carpet Inn post cruise. Comfortable, ok accommodations.
sawpgw’s Full Rating Summary