3. Viking Sun
This was the perfect itinerary for my wife and I. We've always wanted to see the this part of the world and we were dying for a chance to experience a Viking Ocean Cruise. We've previously been on Viking River Cruises but never before been on an ocean cruise with any cruise line. Our experience leads us to conclude that Viking has successfully carried over their brand experience from river cruises to their ocean cruises. I must say the wait staff in the dining venues were outstanding and friendly. That was one of the key elements that caused us to look forward to dining each evening. And one day, we were onboard for lunch and had a great experience eating at the Wintergarden Pool Bar. We we each had absolutely fabulous cheeseburgers. When someone stopped to ask if he could get us anything, I said, "You know, I'd really like a milk shake but I know you don't have those on the menu." He responded, "Well, let me see what I can do." We were up on the 7th deck. He went all the way down to the bar on the 2nd deck and had the bar tender there make TWO milk shakes...one for me and one for my wife. We had no expectation of that level of service. Much to our surprise, he presented them to us. What a delight! And I can't say enough about our cabin steward, Jaya. He was absolutely outstanding in his attentiveness to our desires and kept our cabin impeccable.

Beautiful Ship...Phenomenal Crew!

Viking Sun Cruise Review by Rod Miller

Rod Miller’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

Absolutely beautiful! The cabin was designed very well with plenty of room.

• Lucca Walking Tour
    Outstanding guide. Even though we got to town too early to catch some of the shops open, we had a good experience. We very much would have enjoyed spending more time here but had to push on to Vinci on our itinerary for the day. If we return to Tuscany, we definitely want to go back to Lucca.
    View All 36 Lucca Walking Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Tremendous experience. Monaco is a beautiful principality. Our tour guide was outstanding.
    View All 18 City Tour Reviews