Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Michaelcwarwick
- Sail Date: December 2018
- Destination: Eastern Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Standard Inside
We wish to offer the following observations whilst on board for 26 nights recently over Christmas and new year.
1. Some Guests refusing to use the hand gel on entrances to food areas giving the following excuses.
I washed my hands earlier in the cabin
I take vit C tablets each day
It makes my hands sticky
It has an affect on my skin
I washed my hands earlier in the toilet
All these excuses even though they all used hand rails,buttons in lifts and handles on doors on the route to the food halls and restaurants.
When the staff are asked why they did not insist the guests to use the gel,the staff said they were accused of harassment and did not get backing from their supervisors.
2. Guests using the beautiful coffee tables in lounges as foot rests with and without shoes.
Again when staff asked guests not to do this they refused,claiming they paid the bill not the staff.
3.Guest wearing baseball caps,sporty tee shirts,torn jeans some looking like they have just come off a building site,around the ship and in the restaurants on formal nights sitting amongst smartly dress guests who had followed the issued instruction on dress code.
Again when staff tried to insist on the code they were accused of harassment not getting support from their supervisors.
4. A guest walking around the ship and through the kings hall carrying a dog.
Nobody stopped and challenge this action
5. Male and female guests in the kings hall wearing only swim wear and bath robes
Again when staff tried to challenged this they were accused of harassment.
No support given by supervisors.
6. Guests laying full length along the beautiful settles in the lounges with and with shoes on.
Again when challenged by the staff the offenders claimed harassment ,without support from supervisors.
7. More and more guests failing to attend the compulsory safety drill claiming they did not care and having to do it the next day in the lounge disturbing other guests comfort.
When questioned about the guests conduct,the officer just shrugged his shoulders.
All in all this made the cruise quite disappointing and we will question wether we would want to go on Cunard in the future.
What was great was the captain and staff,so friendly and polite,the serving waiters,excellent as always.
Cunard please take note!! Many of these offending guests were not British, give it some thought.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Cabins at front on 5th deck inside are very noisy and disturbing from loud films shown in the illuminations 22.30 - 0030 at night.
When asked for the sound to be turned down Cunard said they would but did not.
Beware of these cabins!!!!