3. Norwegian Breakaway
We chose our cruise based on the dates that both sons were going to be home for Christmas. Thought Norwegian would be good, WRONG ! It started bad in the port, rude folks, made TSA look lovable ! Luggage dropped at 1030 a.m. I got cussed looking in at crew vestibule for my suit case at 630 p.m. My bag never delivered ! My son found my bag some 50 staterooms away at 8 pm. First night dinner ordered beef medallions, got 2, both raw, not rare RAW, came with 3 pieces of uncooked asparagus. Bottom line ALL MEALS COLD, portioned for little people, and tasteless. ABSOLUTELY WORST FOOD EVER. I've stayed in everything from 5 star hotels to grass huts in the Amazon. Our stateroom had to have the tv fixed, phone fixed, light fixed and had the smoke alarm go off due to shower steam. Bartenders nothing to brag about; had scotch whiskey mixed in for a bourbon and coke, also had everclear mixed for a bloody mary. BEFORE WE BOOKED, SPOKE WITH NORWEGIAN RESERVATIONS ON THE PHONE; I made it clear, the NCAA Football Offs were being played and made SURE they would be seen on the ship. NOT once, not twice but 3 times THEY PROMISED the games would be shown on the ship. LIE LIE LIE..... The only thing they had was soccer and cricket. The ports were horrible, especially THEIR PRIVATE SANDBAR, HARVEST CAY. IT was nothing but a money shake down, beach nasty, water turbid, nasty and smelled of sewage(rotten egg) The buffet sucked, food NOT hot, and if it had been steaming hot by the time you got food from the lines, it was cold by the time you got it to the table. The restaurants were slightly better, bread was fantastic, the rest of the food luke warm at best, portions tiny and service was hit or miss. AVOID THIS TRIP WITH A QUICKNESS !

Stay Away !

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by doug0659

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

AVOID THIS TRIP WITH A QUICKNESS !
doug0659’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB 9152
Sad mattress, phone went out, tv went out, we had a light that would not cut off that had to be replaced. smoke alarm went off due to steam from shower. Got only 2 towels and bath cloths.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins