3. Carnival Dream
I travel with a group every January and our coordinator chose this cruise. We traveled to New Orleans a few days early to enjoy the city. Parking is so expensive we flew this time. That was a great decision. New Orleans is a very walkable city and their trolley system is very easy and inexpensive. It's also thick with Uber drivers. We stayed at the Best Western on Rampart. Fine hotel with the friendliest most accommodating staff I've ever encountered off a cruise ship. They know their city and are eager to refer you to their favorite places. Embarkation onto the ship was very smooth. We stayed in a cove balcony cabin (#2290) on this cruise, our first time. It was fine; same amount of room as a regular balcony cabin. Very convenient to Crimson dining room and Encore lounge. Also note that you barely feel the ship move at all. The only reason I probably won't book one again is that it was always in the shade of the lifeboats overhead. I like a sunny balcony. There were some ongoing issues with the toilet; each time we called they came right away and after the fourth call they just replaced the thing...no more problems. The only excursion I booked was the Twister and Isla Passion in Cozumel. That boat ride was amazing! The island was pretty crowded when we arrived because there were 6 boats in port, but it thinned out fairly quickly (our excursion started at 10:30am). My husband booked a 2-tank dive that really should have been cancelled. The sea was very, very rough the day we arrived so his dive was much more strenuous than normal causing his oxygen to run low. I'm going to assume the dive master was attending to someone else and that is why he didn't attend to my husband. Thank goodness my man isn't a strict rule follower; he started up on his own but the tank was empty by the time he hit the surface...so he was forced to try using a snorkel in very big waves. He believed he was drowning but another boat saw his struggle and sped over to yank him out of the water. We watched the Motown show and the one they call Flick. Both are very good. So is the strings trio that plays in the atrium. I could listen to them for days. Dining room service was hit and miss. Probably depends on how busy they are and how close it is to their Showtime. Room service was wonderful. Steward was wonderful. Laundry service was great. I've started to experience swollen ankles on my cruises and couldn't figure out why. I read somewhere that this may be because they desalinate the water for drinking and cooking and we're breathing salt air. Though I HATE plastic bottles I went ahead and ordered a case of water for drinking (I normally just drink the ship's water). No swollen ankles. We're Platinum so we got #1 debarkation and that was as smooth as embarkation. I really like the size of this ship and am looking forward to our 2 week trip next January on Breeze!

Great Cruise

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by kymann1

I travel with a group every January and our coordinator chose this cruise.

Room service was wonderful. Steward was wonderful. Laundry service was great.

We're Platinum so we got #1 debarkation and that was as smooth as embarkation.

kymann1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C 2290
Just me and my husband in this room and it was fine. It seemed to be the same size as any other balcony room. Loved having a fridge in the room. Storage was more than adequate.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Jet Boat Tour
    The boat ride to the island and back is a BLAST. I was surprised that we spent nearly 4 hours on the island. Food was good.
    View All 21 Jet Boat Tour Reviews