• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

SHOTPAR
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin:

We wanted a winter getaway and when we saw that Royal Caribbean was sailing out of New Orleans we decided to give them a try. We liked the fact that the drive from St. Louis to New Orleans was usually an easy drive down I-55, It was not so this time as 10 miles out of Memphis traveling 75 miles per hour we hit a hawk that shattered our windshield and we had to continue with a damaged windshield all the way to NOLA. We did arrive safe and after spending the night in NOLA we boarded the ship. Having cruised many times the boarding was just about what we expected despite the fact that our boarding agent was a trainee. My wife and I are easy going and if someone is trying to do their job we give them a lot of latitude.

With all the new ships being built it seems strange to call a ship that holds 2500 passengers one of the smaller ship but actually I found that I liked the idea of fewer passengers, My wife had been on the Allure of the Seas with our granddaughter and she commented how crowded the public rooms were on the Allure all the time, The ship is a little tired looking but I did not find it off putting but it could use an update.

It has been awhile since we cruised on Royal C and I was surprised to find extra charges in the main dining room for upgraded meals along with them trying to sell upgrades of the speciality dining. I found this a little off putting, but did not pressure you. We did purchase the drinks package and my wife took the Wi-Fi package since she is a professional actress in St Louis and was in the process of being cast in a major production in March. I don't know how we came out money wish on the drink package but I do know we had a lot to drink.

4 Helpful Votes